• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Imminent Industrial Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jon0844

Veteran Member
Best pretend they don't exist! Might show them up as hypocrites!!

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
Can I ask

What pensions do the Unions leaders have ??

What does that have to do with anything? The union leaders will do whatever their membership compels them to do. Whether that is a strike, work to rule or other action, they represent their members.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

newbie babs

whats it got to do with it, well let me think, I am a worker and I am balloted by a union who`s leader is a person who has their pension already sorted and it would not matter to them of the outcome because they can retire when they like with enough money to keep up their lifestyle whilst those who work hard can`t retire until 67 or older.
So for for someone like me who works it`s important.

BUT

Who advises the members to strike ???

table38

Established Member
Some info on pensions here, and salaries here. Nice work if you can get it.

RMT general secretary Bob Crow, who is supporting strikes by members of his union in the Local Government Pension scheme, had £34,095 – 40.5 per cent of his £84,006 gross salary – paid into his pension fund by the union last year. When other benefits are taken into account, his total remuneration package was £126,942.

One of the union leaders with the most advantageous pension arrangements is Jonathan Baume, of the First Division Association, which represents senior civil servants.
Last year the FDA put £32,711 – 35.4 per cent of Mr Baume’s £92,145 salary – into his pension pot. In total he received £134,621 in pay and benefits.

Another supporter of the strike is Mark Serwotka, of the PCS. His union, which represents thousands of rank-and-file civil servants, contributed £26,159 – 29.4 per cent of his £88,675 salary – to his pension. His overall package amounted to £124,876.

Christine Blower, of the NUT, who has said her members will not be able to afford the higher contribution rates which Ministers intend to introduce, had 25.2 per cent of her £103,003 salary paid into her retirement fund by the union last year.

Christine Keates, the head of the other main teaching union, the NASUWT, had 24.5 per cent of her £98,531 salary added to her pension pot.

GMB chief Paul Kenny, who has thousands of members in low-paid manual jobs, enjoyed a 21.3 per cent employer’s pension contribution of £19,000, based on an £89,000 salary.

Steve Gillan, who became head of the Prison Officers’ Association in May last year, is on a salary of £59,875, of which £17,962 is paid by the union for pension purposes, equal to a 30 per cent contribution.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.