• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Impromptu tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smudger105e

I was with my 5 y/o grandson yesterday, and he wanted to go for a train ride. So we went from Skegness to Long Eaton via Grantham, Doncaster, Leeds, Manchester Picadilly, Crewe and Derby.

Nice trip except the Trans Pennine was 20 late following a stopping service and the Pendo out of Manchester was a late start because of a door problem.

How I like staff travel!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fsmr

Ah the Skeggy line
brings back memories of childhood in the 70s catching 3 different trains from Oakham to Leicester to Nottingham then class 20s to Skeg with a bike as well and only 12 and NO MOBILE, kids could not cope today on such a journey without one:roll:.
Used to stop at Sutton on Sea with my grand parents for the long hot summers:D
Keep meaning to go on that line again pref loco hauled
The radius of the curve at that church is amazing, the train does a loop back almost
Glad you had a nice day out, my 12 nearly 13 year old thinks trains are boring now and just a way to get from a to b

Smudger105e

Ah the Skeggy line
brings back memories of childhood in the 70s catching 3 different trains from Oakham to Leicester to Nottingham then class 20s to Skeg with a bike as well and only 12 and NO MOBILE, kids could not cope today on such a journey without one:roll:.
Used to stop at Sutton on Sea with my grand parents for the long hot summers:D
Keep meaning to go on that line again pref loco hauled
The radius of the curve at that church is amazing, the train does a loop back almost
Glad you had a nice day out, my 12 nearly 13 year old thinks trains are boring now and just a way to get from a to b

Also out of interest, when we departed Skegness, an HST was arriving. I though this was a Sat/Sun only service, or was it a weekend service Operating on Monday?

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Also out of interest, when we departed Skegness, an HST was arriving. I though this was a Sat/Sun only service, or was it a weekend service Operating on Monday?

Possibly a crew training run? The service is due to start on 21st July - Saturdays only.

Status
Not open for further replies.