• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

In search for old photographs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladder23

Established Member
im looking for old photographs of stations between Luton and Bedford, in particular Harlington. Could anyone recommend some sites where some may be?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Flickr? If you use them for something please contact the site owner and ask for permission to use. Dont steal them

Ladder23

Established Member
Flickr? If you use them for something please contact the site owner and ask for permission to use. Dont steal them

Any photos I find are solely for me to look at, not for the interest of anyone else or purpose of anything so don’t worry, thanks. I will take a look

John Webb

Established Member
You don't say how far back you wish to go. Relatively recent photos, some back to the late 1950s or early 60s can be found at, for example, https://www.geograph.org.uk/browse.php?p=224290 - here's a sample (click on photo to go to the larger original):
Railbus at Bedford Midland station

© Copyright Dr Neil Clifton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Also look out on that website for photos by Mr Ben Brooksbank. (Name corrected 12/10)

Numerous photos also available via the National Railway Museum's website.

You might also find the Middleton Press book "St Albans to Bedford" (2003, ISBN 1 904474 08X) of interest, as it includes old OS maps of each station as well.

Last edited:

Ladder23

Established Member
You don't say how far back you wish to go. Relatively recent photos, some back to the late 1950s or early 60s can be found at, for example, https://www.geograph.org.uk/browse.php?p=224290 - here's a sample (click on photo to go to the larger original):
Railbus at Bedford Midland station

© Copyright Dr Neil Clifton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Also look out on that website for photos by Mr Ben Brocklesbank.

Numerous photos also available via the National Railway Museum's website.

You might also find the Middleton Press book "St Albans to Bedford" (2003, ISBN 1 904474 08X) of interest, as it includes old OS maps of each station as well.

thanks for your help, I will take a look at al you've mentioned!

Bevan Price

Established Member
You will often find photos if you do a Google search. as, for example "rail photos (station name)". Not perfect, so a search for "Harlington" also shows lots of photos for Hayes & Harlington, and some random photos for other stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.