• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Inaccurate London Terminals sticker at Stratford (London)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_world2004

Established Member
I was going through Stratford today and there was a sticker on the side reader of the eastbound tfl rail platform (next to the central line), the sticker said.

"London Terminals tickets not valid from this station"

My understanding is they are given that Liverpool Street Is a London terminal.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
It would depend on the exact ticket held.

Liverpool Street - Stratford is an inter-available route so tickets valid on National Rail between Stratford and Liverpool Street are also valid on the Underground and vice versa.

For example:

A ticket from Colchester to London Terminals would be valid to enter and exit at Stratford
but a ticket from Northampton to London Terminals wouldn't be.

Kilopylae

What Hadders said. As a general rule it's not safe to assume that a London Terminals ticket can be used to travel from Stratford on the Central line.

matt_world2004

Established Member
It would depend on the exact ticket held.

Liverpool Street - Stratford is an inter-available route so tickets valid on National Rail between Stratford and Liverpool Street are also valid on the Underground and vice versa.

For example:

A ticket from Colchester to London Terminals would be valid to enter and exit at Stratford
but a ticket from Northampton to London Terminals wouldn't be.
Yes but the sticker seemed to suggest that any London terminal ticket is not valid at Stratford.

What Hadders said. As a general rule it's not safe to assume that a London Terminals ticket can be used to travel from Stratford on the Central line.
It wasn't the central line it was more towards the TfL rail /aga eastbound platform and the sticker said "not valid at this station" not not valid on the tube

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
TfL like to say things that aren't completely true!

They have a similar sign at Kings Cross St Pancras Underground Station. Tickets with validity between Finsbury Park and London Terminals are valid on the Underground to Moorgate....

hkstudent

Established Member
TfL like to say things that aren't completely true!

They have a similar sign at Kings Cross St Pancras Underground Station. Tickets with validity between Finsbury Park and London Terminals are valid on the Underground to Moorgate....
Indeed, this also includes signs West Ham advising rejoining of a journey at West Ham is not allowed (despite the break of a journey on C2C service should be permitted there)

I was going through Stratford today and there was a sticker on the side reader of the eastbound tfl rail platform (next to the central line), the sticker said.

"London Terminals tickets not valid from this station"

My understanding is they are given that Liverpool Street Is a London terminal.
I thought people with Anytime / Off-peak ticket should be able to break and rejoin NR journey at Stratford, as an intermediate station.
Of course, TfL Rail is an NR service and the break of journey rule should apply as well.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I thought people with Anytime / Off-peak ticket should be able to break and rejoin NR journey at Stratford, as an intermediate station.

They can. The issue is that some tickets issued to/from London Terminals are valid at Stratford but no no means all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.