• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Inappropriate 'Jokes' on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Reading twitter earlier I noticed some clown (I hope, or this is a genuine threat). Posting this to TPE.
5686cfc12803a51aeff850fb2bd1408c.jpg

https://twitter.com/FrankhamLAD/status/777213946981916673
Not sure what to make of this to be honest. Either way, TPE have (naturally) taken this extremely seriously and reported this to BTP.

I have, of course, reported this to Twitter, as have several others that I follow.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
That isn't even a joke, unlike the "Twitter joke trial" one that was clearly ridiculous. It is a (hopefully false) bomb threat and will (and should) be taken totally seriously.

Established Member
That isn't even a joke, unlike the "Twitter joke trial" one that was clearly ridiculous. It is a (hopefully false) bomb threat and will (and should) be taken totally seriously.
As I said to the friend I was travelling with when I first saw it, it was possibly intended as a joke (assuming alcohol is involved) but you just never know!

me123

Established Member

Send the bomb squad round to their house and give them a real fright I say. I'm sure it'll be a waste of police time as it is almost certainly a "joke", but it might knock some sense into this paramecium. After all, the statement "I'm going to put a bomb on one of your trains" is clearly a threat until proven otherwise.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The individual concerned appears to be a Year 10 student from the Altrincham area.

Although he clearly means it as a joke, it appears that he does not realise how serious it is to post such threats.

Hopefully he can be educated, and yes a visit from the police may do him some good.

backontrack

Established Member

Springs Branch

Established Member
I know from regular air travel within the USA that they do not take kindly to this kind of "joke".

At any transport facility over there, a conversation such as: "What's in the bag, sir?" "A bomb, innit," would result in three or four overweight men with uniforms and tin badges immediately pointing large guns in your face. And they certainly wouldn't be 'aving a laff.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
The individual concerned appears to be a Year 10 student from the Altrincham area.

Although he clearly means it as a joke, it appears that he does not realise how serious it is to post such threats.

Hopefully he can be educated, and yes a visit from the police may do him some good.

I was pleased to learn that 9 year old step daughter actually does some "Internet Safety" at school. Mainly around safety on chatrooms and such like, and the importance of not giving away personal details, or meeting up with strangers. But I'd like to think that this would include "What is and is not appropriate to place on the internet/social media", such as 'jokes' like this.

My generation (I do sound old saying that!) was taught about the possible consequences of hoax calls to 999 - 'jokes' such as this are the modern day equivalent (to a generation who may not even know what a phone box is!).

Groningen

Established Member
That you attention to such a person. Bomb and joke can not go through 1 door. As if that person is a member of this forum.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member

Agree.

We have seen this sort of thing before with public threats being made on Twitter and other social media haven't we? It must be treated with the full severity of the law.

Just because it's a student posting it that doesn't mean they aren't capable of making a viable device, therefore until it is proved otherwise the assumption has to be that the idiot might have actually planted something and he must be treated accordingly.

As if that person is a member of this forum.

Presumably if a forum member made such a threat they could be banned from the forum?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
That you attention to such a person. Bomb and joke can not go through 1 door. As if that person is a member of this forum.
I am struggling to understand this post, but there is no evidence to suggest he is a member of this forum.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I am struggling to understand this post, but there is no evidence to suggest he is a member of this forum.

I don't understand it either and I don't want to jump to conclusions as I think it may be just a lost in translation thing

J-2739

Established Member
Whatever demon possessed this naive child! Hopefully he gets something more than sharp words such as a periodic ban.

Established Member
Whatever demon possessed this naive child! Hopefully he gets something more than sharp words such as a periodic ban.
Got an email from Twitter Support earlier saying that his twitter account has been suspended.

Reading twitter earlier I noticed some clown (I hope, or this is a genuine threat). Posting this to TPE.
5686cfc12803a51aeff850fb2bd1408c.jpg

https://twitter.com/FrankhamLAD/status/777213946981916673
Not sure what to make of this to be honest. Either way, TPE have (naturally) taken this extremely seriously and reported this to BTP.

I have, of course, reported this to Twitter, as have several others that I follow.

I imagine this is just some internet troll who is fed up with cancelled trains / delayed trains / overcrowding / etc. If someone was actually going to put a bomb on a train then i highly doubt they would want to tell anyone about their plans.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
I imagine this is just some internet troll who is fed up with cancelled trains / delayed trains / overcrowding / etc. If someone was actually going to put a bomb on a train then i highly doubt they would want to tell anyone about their plans.

We've already established it's a schoolboy.

Just a little idiot who needs a clip round the ear.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator

... or just simply an internet troll.

roversfan2001

Established Member

Possessed by demons is a bit far, is it not? They made an inappropriate joke on Twitter, they didn't actually do what they tweeted...

roversfan2001

Established Member
The day isn't over yet.

Obviously there is still time yet, but judging by his Twitter handle (@FrankhamLAD), they were probably just bored and looking for a laugh, not realising the severity of such a comment.

(On the other hand, they could be a high profile terrorist deliberately looking to fit into the crowd, but that's far, far, far less likely)

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Obviously there is still time yet, but judging by his Twitter handle (@FrankhamLAD), they were probably just bored and looking for a laugh, not realising the severity of such a comment.

(On the other hand, they could be a high profile terrorist deliberately looking to fit into the crowd, but that's far, far, far less likely)

Bomb threats are so 1997.

These days the bomb will be strapped to a person and there will be no warning.

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
The cretin may have just inadvertently got himself banned from a number of countries. People have been refused travel to the USA and Canada for similar tweets, and their security services would naturally take a very dim view of such 'jokes'.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
We've already established it's a schoolboy.

Just a little idiot who needs a clip round the ear.

Oh he'll get the clip around the ear all right, it's going to be a hard way of learning the lesson that BANTER BANTER BANTER has its limits.

the101

I know from regular air travel within the USA that they do not take kindly to this kind of "joke".

At any transport facility over there, a conversation such as: "What's in the bag, sir?" "A bomb, innit," would result in three or four overweight men with uniforms and tin badges immediately pointing large guns in your face. And they certainly wouldn't be 'aving a laff.
Did this or something like it not happen to some smart-arse English girl at Miami airport a while ago? I seem to remember that the Americans very much made her regret her actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.