• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Incident at ENFILED LOCK Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

Established Member
Ive just got im from school and saw a car ram through the gate at the level crossing.

The gate remained lying on its side, with one gate on the opposite side down and the other two in the air, the klaxon thing still going, them 2 men got out of a car and while trying to move the gate (although it was not obstructing the line) snapped it off.

I have them doing it on video on my mobile, and also the fact that about 4 mins after 2 trains came past, even if they were only at 5mph.

Surely if the lines werent down the signal should have stayed red?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ikar

The trains after the accident went with 5mph?

If they were than it's the standard train catuationing rule with Level Crossings (Drive examine the line and call back).

EDIT - How is the crossing monitored?

Coxster

Established Member
A few trains through Enfield Lock have been cancelled or slightly delayed but nothing was reported regarding it on National Rail's site.

Daniel

Established Member
Crossing is monitered by CCTV 24 hours.

There is a ticket office but no-one would have been in at this time.

Surely if they were going to examine only one train would go through, not a commuter and a SE? Also, wouldnt the driver get out to examine?

Coxster

Established Member
memorex said:
Surely if they were going to examine only one train would go through, not a commuter and a SE? Also, wouldnt the driver get out to examine?
At places such as the unmanned crossings on the WSR at each end of Dunster station the driver proceeds over the crossing at 5mph, checking the road/track whilst in motion. I'm guessing the same H&S rules would apply on both NR and the WSR?

ikar

In the situation of signaller monitoring with CCTV - the signaller would catuation and order them to examine the line every train over crossing untill the drivers tell it's clear.

Daniel

Established Member
The crossing (up until last year) was monitored by a signalman at Brimsdown.

Now the whole line is monitored by CCTV from London Liverpool Street :(

O L Leigh

Established Member
Hi Chaps,

This happen today? We only had the self same thing happen at Brimsdown crossing on Monday of this week, with a barrier ripped off by a van.

The crossings are monitored by CCTV and controlled from Liv St IECC. They are interlocked with the signals, which means that the signaller can't clear the signal protecting the crossing unless the crossing is operating correctly. If interlock can't be obtained, the signaller will require each train to pass the protecting signal at danger (with authority, natch), proceed cautiously towards the crossing and only pass over if it is safe to do so.

I had to do all this on Monday at Brimsdown, although by that time Nitwit Rail had arrived on the scene, closed the road and parked one of their vehicles in the space where the missing gate should have been.

one TN

Daniel

Established Member
Yes, happened yesterday. I didn't hang around as I had to get home, but within the 20 mins I stayed there no police/nat rail staff showed up, and school kids literally walked across (this is with the klaxon going...) without looking to their sides!

I took the underpass, but i guess they were too lazy to cross the bloody road...

Sprog

Established Member
memorex said:
......... school kids literally walked across (this is with the klaxon going...) without looking to their sides!

Hence why they got mowed down, and ruin more drivers careers..............

Fecking idiots..............:mad:

Daniel

Established Member
Well in the past 2 months...

1 Suicide at Enfield Lock

2 Deaths while playing 'chicken' (idiots) at Angel Road Pedstrian Crossing

And most recently an 'inccedent on a train in Enfield Lock station....' this was on a Standstead express, so how could they say it was at Enfield Lock? Thje train would go straight through if the problem was on the train itself..

Status
Not open for further replies.