• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Incident At High Wycombe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
National Rail Enquiries said:
Time Reported: 16:32

Route Affected: London Marylebone- Denham - Gerrards Cross - High Wycombe - Princess Risborough - Banbury - Birmingham Snow Hill

TOC/s Affected: Chiltern Railways

Description: Train service are being disrupted due to an incident at High Wycombe station. Short notice alterations, cancellations and delays can be expected. There is currently no estimate for a normal train service to resume.

A shuttle train services will operate between Beaconsfield and London Marylebone at xx:00 and xx:30 every hour in both directions also a shuttle services between Princess Risborough and Banbury to connect with Virgin Train services. Services from Aylesbury will start and terminate at Princess Risborough with connecting road transport forward to Beaconsfield in both directions and will not call at High Wycombe until further notice

Alternative Routing: Passengers traveling between Birmingham and London are advised to use Vigin Trains between Birmingham New Street and London Euston

Easements: First Great Western Link,Virgin West Coast,Virgin Cross Country and Silverlink Trains are accepting Chiltern Railway Tickets.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlexS

Established Member
Hey, what a coup that would be, to be a £14.99 Moor St to Marylebone ticket on the Saturday, resigning yourself to a 3 hour journey, to find your ticket is valid on the rocket down the West Coast! Brillo!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Chiltern Railways website says

On Sunday evening the main booking office building at High Wycombe station was severely damaged by fire.

Services are being badly disrupted as a result. Please check our Real Time Information page for the most up to date information.

Knowing the area, and how the building was constructed (I went to school there and used the station quite often), I guess it was arson, although people are guessing an electrical fault.

Couldn't have happenned to a more deserving station :lol:

metrocammel

Jonathan said:
AlexS said:
Hey, what a coup that would be, to be a £14.99 Moor St to Marylebone ticket on the Saturday, resigning yourself to a 3 hour journey, to find your ticket is valid on the rocket down the West Coast! Brillo!

Well I would prefer to travel in a 168 from a pendo ;)

Well If you go on a Pendo you are very likely to fail anyway, so you wouldn't be happy then!! I too would prefer a 168 to a Pendo, as they are simply more spacious, though tbh I would probably opt for MML or GNER and get a HST (or 91)- Im sure they would accept the tickets if you explained- (I got a £7 Brum - London rtn and used it on a Pendo once, as I couldnt be bothered going via Birmingham to Manchester, I asked if it could be excessed, but the guard didnt know how to so said it was OK- (I had a C & P's for the bit of the journey to Manchester)

Anyway, if it was arson I hope they get the b*stards.
Ta,
James.

Coxster

Established Member
Mojo said:
Chiltern Railways website says

On Sunday evening the main booking office building at High Wycombe station was severely damaged by fire.

Services are being badly disrupted as a result. Please check our Real Time Information page for the most up to date information.

Knowing the area, and how the building was constructed (I went to school there and used the station quite often), I guess it was arson, although people are guessing an electrical fault.

Couldn't have happenned to a more deserving station :lol:
For those who aren't aware of what the station looks like, here's a plug for my Dad's site. ;)

http://www.the-siding.co.uk/class168/pictures/168003.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.