• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Incident at Newark

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavin

A morning of disruption at Newark firstly trespassers were on the track this morning a short time after the line was cleared

Now a person has being hit by a train at by a train near Newark North Gate with services likely to be disrupted for several hours

Services are starting to run again delays until 18:00

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ21

I didn't hear for definite, it was being reported as a person struck by a train while I was at York waiting for an Edinburgh service. The first set to head north was one turned back at Doncaster.

gavin

1E05 0730 Edinburgh to London Kings Cross was the train involved

Last edited:

gavin

I hope it wasn't fatal, but I doubt it :(

It's a confirmed fatal http://www.newarkadvertiser.co.uk/a...clo?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

A person has died after being struck by a train near Newark Northgate station - British Transport police has confirmed.
The police were alerted just before 10.40am this morning and emergency services were called to the scene.

A spokesperson for British Transport Police said: "We’ve been called to the line close to Newark Northgate station after reports a person had been struck by a train.

"We are in attendance alongside the local ambulance service however a person has sadly been pronounced dead at the scene.

Last edited by a moderator:

GB

Established Member
It was fatal, and not a particular pleasant one...not that there usually is such a thing.

gavin

A rescue train was sent to the train involved (1E05) not sure if this is normal but it was a bad one

Last edited:

J-2739

Established Member
This is awful news. However, a railway is not a footpath so you can expect a train to approach you without warning.

najaB

Veteran Member
This is awful news. However, a railway is not a footpath so you can expect a train to approach you without warning.
Out of respect it's best not to speculate as to cause. It may have been an accident, it may not.

gavin

Quite a backlog heading into Kings cross they'll be struggling for platforms soon

13987083_1484382694911829_957596016_o.png

Alfie1014

Services being cautioned over a level crossing north of Sandy due to a tractor hitting the barriers, delays of 10+mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.