Incident at Riddlesdown (22/03/13)

Discussion in 'UK Railway Discussion' started by Crawley Ben, 22 Mar 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. depablo

depablo Member

It can affect you in different ways, sometimes it helps to talk to a friend or family member. A few weeks back, I went through a red light in my car and received a fine and 3 penalty points.

Had to explain to police I never saw the red light or indeed the junction, too busy thinking about the person and events.

Very sad thread :(

2. amcluesent

amcluesent Member

A mother who is believed to have killed herself and her three-year-old son after jumping in front of a train had made an attempt on her own life just months ago

More history has come to light.

3. tsr

tsr Established Member

If half of what they've written is true (and I sincerely hope they are only transmitting facts), that's a very sad story. I would also warn forum members/readers that the article contains photos of forensic investigations at the scene, plus photos of the victims prior to the incident. If you would find this upsetting, please don't click the link.

4. FGW_DID

FGW_DID Established Member

Not having experienced a railway fatality but having dealt with fatalities in a previous occupation and having a friend shoot himself, it can become a bit blasé when reading reports of all the deaths (and opinions will follow suit), however I think this has to rate as one of the incredibly saddest I have heard in a long while.

Regardless of what some people may think, IN MY OPINION, (I know it won't stop people doing it) but I regard suicide to be incredibly selfish.
    Please don't blame mental health issues, obviously they are not thinking about the effects on anybody else, all they see is the end to whatever problem effecting themselves that there is no perceived escape from but at the end of the day it has a profound effect on witnesses, remaining family and the emergency services who deal with the aftermath!
    As I said that's my opinion!
    (And everybody is entitled to theirs!)

5. mr_moo

mr_moo Member

Wow. So sad.

It sounds like our health system completely failed her too. Lets's hope there's a thorough investigation into what appears from this article to be the missing of a large number of opportunities to prevent this happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.