• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Increased connection times + LU/DLR zones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any booking sites which allow the user to select increased connection times AND purchase tickets to or from LU/DLR zones?

Essentially I'm trying to buy an advance ticket from Zones 1-2 to Sheringham, using the following weekday itinerary:

Zones 1-2 to Liverpool Street
Depart Liverpool Street (LST) at 16:30 to Norwich
Depart Norwich at 18:55 to Sheringham

The default train from LST for this connection is the 17:00 as it meets the minimum connection time in Norwich, however advance tickets are usually cheaper on the 16:30 departure.

I can book the itinerary on TrainSplit using LST as the origin when I select a minimum connection time of thirty minutes, but TrainSplit doesn't offer tickets from London Zones (which I want to protect against tube delays).

Are there any sites which allow both increased connection times (to force the earlier train from LST) and London zones as an origin?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I can't check right now but maybe try WebTIS's Text Only version which has an option for extended interchange time?

Romilly

Established Member
It's easier than that because the 1630 calls at Stowmarket and the 1700 doesn't. So using e.g. the Virgin Train East Coast journey planner ask for your journey, click on Timetables only, in "Calls at" specify "Stowmarket", click on Update, and click on "Buy tickets".

NB that the journey planner may remember your "Calls at" point for a bit, so if then looking up something different, specify the new journey, go back into timetables, with the "Calls at" box blank click on Update and then on Buy tickets.

Thanks for the replies, tickets now purchased. I hadn't realised that 'calls at Stowmarket' would be such a quick and easy solution.

Last edited:

Romilly

Established Member
Glad to help, although clearly this method only works when trains on the same line have different calling patterns.

Status
Not open for further replies.