• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Individual ticket refunds while waiting for annual season ticket replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECMLjag

Please could someone give me an indication as to who should be refunding the individual tickets bought while waiting for my replacement season ticket to arrive?

I have an annual ticket on a local commute between Stamford and Peterborough, using Cross Country trains. Circumstances meant that I had to buy my annual ticket from Cardiff station just before new year to avoid the price increase. As a result I had to organise a replacement remotely with Transport for Wales - while waiting for this to arrive I bought indvidual day returns on the route which I am now trying to get refunded. I have approached Cross Country who have told me to ask TFW, yet TFW are saying they are not the service provider nor the ticket retailer, and are unable to provide assistance.

If anyone can tell me who I need to push to get this refund, that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

janb

Replacement (ticket damaged or encoding failure) - the internal KnowledgeBase says that if replacement can't be done immediately, tickets used should be refunded but does not specify who bears responsibility for the refund. Personal opinion, based on duplicate situation I would edge towards TfW rather than the retailer of the individual tickets.

Duplicate (season ticket lost) - the iKB is explicit that the season ticket retailer (TfW in your case) refunds any tickets used in the meantime.

Haywain

Veteran Member
Tickets bought in such circumstances should be refunded by the original retailer of the season ticket - in this case TfW. Was the 'replacement' because the season had been lost or because it did not operate the barriers at Peterborough? If it was the latter it would have to have been dealt with by TfW whereas the former could, in theory at least, be done at any station of any TOC.

Status
Not open for further replies.