• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Initial online SJT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Good evening ladies and gents,

Just after a bit of into regarding the initial online situational judgement tests and how long you’re supposed to take doing them (for driver and guard roles).

Whilst you’re told it should take 20 to do the test, mine took me 28 mins exactly (!) to finish. Is this going to be an issue?

Cheers!

Pete
If there’s no limit on time (ie it only lets you take 20 mins) you can take as long as you like within reason. It’s about the answers you give rather than speed at this point.

Stigy

Established Member
Cheers Stigy.

I’ve just passed the first two (Guard role) but I’m about to go out and I’ve just been emailed an invitation to do a third test - ‘UK Call Centre Maths’ so I’ll do that in the morning. Does anyone know if calculators are permitted for this one?

Ta,

P
You’re doing it at home, do what you want ;)

Stigy

Established Member
:lol::lol::lol:

Haha, I take it they expect you to whip the old calculator out then!
There should be guidance on what you should use as well as a practice test within the package they send you. If it’s SHL they’re usually quite good at guiding you through what’s expected.

Stigy

Established Member
This is still part of the initial online stage, so it’s just an email with a link to the next assessment screen.. which is why I was left asking myself whether they would just expect you to use a calculator to aid some of the answers :?:
Which TOC? If it’s anything like the ones FirstGroup use, it’ll be too simple for a calculator as it’s very basic at this stage.

MiNi

Good evening ladies and gents,

Just after a bit of into regarding the initial online situational judgement tests and how long you’re supposed to take doing them (for driver and guard roles).

Whilst you’re told it should take 20 mins to do the test, mine took me 28 mins exactly (!) to finish. Is this going to be an issue?

Cheers!

Pete
Well done on passing the first two,sometimes that's the hardest part to do. Where is the guard role you have applied for based.

Status
Not open for further replies.