• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Injury Between Hyndland & Partick This Morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

bAzTNM

Caught it on the Scotrail Twitter feed about 9am this morning.

Quite unusual to see this kind of stuff happening in Glasgow.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

p123

I saw this as well. It stood out from other fatality incidents because I was really very shocked with some of the comments people were making towards ScotRail on Twitter - essentially blaming them for the incident and complaining about their own delay rather than respecting the seriousness of what had happened.

scotraildriver

Established Member
I saw this as well. It stood out from other fatality incidents because I was really very shocked with some of the comments people were making towards ScotRail on Twitter - essentially blaming them for the incident and complaining about their own delay rather than respecting the seriousness of what had happened.

Just the usual then. I really don't know why Scotrail continue using Twitter, the number of genuine enquires is tiny compared to the number of abusive, ignorant and downright disgusting attacks on the company and staff by a seemingly narrow age group of late teens/early twenty something people.

ADRboy

To be fair their twitter service is appalling, give out the wrong information and just refers people to complaint to a premium rate number. A complete waste of time.

michael769

Established Member
Indeed, Scotrail is a fine example of how to do Twitter badly.

They could benefit from looking at how other ToCs use it as several do a much better job.

Having said that abuse is par for the course whatever you do.

BrianTheLion

Scotrail don't get my vote for customer service either.

I find the communication in Glasgow Central at times appalling, There was one incident a couple of weeks back when I was at the lower level waiting on the 07:28 to Larkhall. At 07:24 I glanced at the board and it said on time, I then continued reading the Metro for what seemed like only a few mins, then the 07:29 to Milngavie came in on the opposite platform, which made me glance again at the board only to find that the next train was now showing!! They cancelled my train without any warning or any tannoy communication...

Another incident involved the usual WCML issues with broken down freight trains, etc... The 16:40 VT to Euston was cancelled, but instead of giving customers instructions they just went on to advise the scotrail customers that were travelling via Dumfries that they could get a replacement bus, no help for Virgin passengers whatsoever...

Another issue is that when things do go wrong and the situation arises that train tickets become valid on the First Buses they fail to mention that aswell!

They expect people to be psychic!

They dont think twice of leaving passengers in limbo......

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Another incident involved the usual WCML issues with broken down freight trains, etc... The 16:40 VT to Euston was cancelled, but instead of giving customers instructions they just went on to advise the scotrail customers that were travelling via Dumfries that they could get a replacement bus, no help for Virgin passengers whatsoever...

I don't follow this. I have no issue with your complaint re lack of information but the above example does not make sense to me.

If a broken down freight on the WCM has caused the cancellation of a Virgin service what has this got to do with ScotRail? Apart from the short stretch on the approach to Glasgow Central (& from Grenta Jn. to Carlisle) the routes (GSW & WCM) are completely separate. Remember Network rail are responsible for announcing at Glasgow Central. ScotRail are not responsible for Virgin's passengers but could offer to allow then to travel via the GSW route to avoid any blockage on the WCM, subject to not majorly inconveniencing the original passengers for that route. (NB some passengers with open tickets would not need permission as the GSW is a permitted route from Glasgow to Carlisle & points south).

Status
Not open for further replies.