• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Inner suburban stations neglected

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Hopefully along the Hertford Loop there will still be semi fast services, but that's something we've never had on the WGC side - unless there are some exceptions I'm not aware of (Drayton Park being closed for football doesn't count!).

I'm hoping for a 20 minute service frequency throughout the day, and services running late into the evening and weekends, which is going to be - pretty much - how I'd have envisaged London Overground doing things. So, whether LO takes over one day in the future or not, I think what we get from 2018 wouldn't change much, or at all.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
Because toilets and semi-fast services are things TfL do really well don't they?

jon0844

Veteran Member
Toilets, no. I don't know if toilets are part of the plan for the new Moorgate trains.

As for semi-fast, well I guess you do have the Met Line doing varying stopping patterns (and perhaps a couple of other stations skipped at peak/off peak times), but otherwise it's usually all stations all the time.

A-driver

Established Member
Hopefully along the Hertford Loop there will still be semi fast services, but that's something we've never had on the WGC side - unless there are some exceptions I'm not aware of (Drayton Park being closed for football doesn't count!).

I'm hoping for a 20 minute service frequency throughout the day, and services running late into the evening and weekends, which is going to be - pretty much - how I'd have envisaged London Overground doing things. So, whether LO takes over one day in the future or not, I think what we get from 2018 wouldn't change much, or at all.

There are plenty of semi fasts on the Welwyn lines. Not from Moorgate but with a same platform quick change at Finsbury Park. 2 semi fast welwyn off peak and several during the peak (including those which stop at Southgate etc.).

Welwyn gets more semi fasts than Hertford.

They (GN) also want to up the frequency on the Hertford to 4tph. Can't remember if that goes for the mainline to.

Last edited:

nicobobinus

Nothing to worry about :)

I feel that the GN locals have excellent links to the City and East London can be reached by the ELL at Highbury and H&C line at Moorgate. On an unrelated note, many people commute to East London in the peaks. Where do they work?

Shoreditch High Street is less than a 10 minute walk to many of the office complexes around Bishopsgate/Liverpool Street, as well as the various offices around Old Street (though I suppose most of these would just stay on a GN train from north London). There is also Canary Wharf and surrounds.. changing at Highbury and travelling to the Docklands via Stratford saves on a zone 1 fare, and ELL to Shadwell/Canada Water is a little less horrible than travelling via Bank or London Bridge to get over to the Island. Lots of other smaller employment centres to the east of town too, the focus is moving that way these days.

Envy123

Shoreditch High Street is less than a 10 minute walk to many of the office complexes around Bishopsgate/Liverpool Street, as well as the various offices around Old Street (though I suppose most of these would just stay on a GN train from north London). There is also Canary Wharf and surrounds.. changing at Highbury and travelling to the Docklands via Stratford saves on a zone 1 fare, and ELL to Shadwell/Canada Water is a little less horrible than travelling via Bank or London Bridge to get over to the Island. Lots of other smaller employment centres to the east of town too, the focus is moving that way these days.

I didn't mean the ELL, I meant the H&C line east of Liverpool Street.

There's a sizeable number of people in the peaks still on the eastbound train when I get off at Stepney Green.

nicobobinus

I didn't mean the ELL, I meant the H&C line east of Liverpool Street.

There's a sizeable number of people in the peaks still on the eastbound train when I get off at Stepney Green.

Hmm, does pose a more interesting question then. Plenty of employment in Stratford but much of it oriented towards retail and away from the traditional 9-6.. some offices too. Besides light industrial stuff around Three Mills/Manor Road/West Ham (admittedly quite substantial in its own right) can't think of anywhere east of Mile End on the H&C they could be heading for work, perhaps shift workers going home?

Last edited:

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
Toilets, no. I don't know if toilets are part of the plan for the new Moorgate trains.

As for semi-fast, well I guess you do have the Met Line doing varying stopping patterns (and perhaps a couple of other stations skipped at peak/off peak times), but otherwise it's usually all stations all the time.

Something of a token offering really?

GodAtum

On Moderation
I do pity those who get on at station between Wimbledon and Surbiton, it must be awfule struggling to squeeze on an awful train.

Status
Not open for further replies.