• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Intelligent Come-Backs

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeholmes

Right, ok.... People at my school have found out that I am enthusiastic about trains... And there do seem to be quite immature and say thing like, why do u like trains, there crap... bla.. bla....

Now i am turning to you guys to help me with some intelligent come-backs to give these losers.....

I'd really appreciate this..

many Thanks

Joe

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
1. Who gives a f*ck. At least I like something
2. Can you take good pics of moving things (photography is a skill that could help in later life)
3. Give them a punch & tell them to bully some 1 else
NOTE: I DON;T SUPPORT VIOLANCE
4. Ignore them
5. What do you like? How uncool is that
6. Who gives a damn

My idea's for when I get found out

Simming

Yea, And.....?

yea, and i also like your mum

your mum dont complain when i go around hers every evening and watch breif encounter

if those fail, a kick in the jimmys will do that job, nice and proper, unless its female, then tell them that they should shut up and go cook/clean.

(if you want anymore insults, just give us a bell with a pm along the lines of "simming, you suck" and ill happily reply with plenty of insults, jim knows all about them ;) )

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
I got found out at work when my mate went through the memory card in my phone, I covered myself up by saying its my mates memory card and I'm borrowing it, it just happens he is a train spotter. got me out of it!

ChrisM

Ignore them as they are not worth getting into a slanging match with.
Be the better person and just walk away.
Easier said then done i know but mature about it and let them act inmature.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
All interesting ideas, I may have to utilise some of them (not saying which ones) when some of my immature workmates find out and spread it around work (I know it'll happen). All my managers know (most of them found out accidentally - I shouldn't have been putting my newly printed phots into my album in the staff room before work...) I'm a spotter, but that's it. Workmates often ask what I do when I'm going off somewhere, but I always try and blag it.

jd

Yeah, any "your mum" insults work quite well.

My personal favourite is something along the lines of: "Your mum was great last night! Quite cheap too.."

Chris

Just remind them of rail driver salaries, which of course you say you hope to have in the next few years compared to their bum job of tesco's, petrol station, paperboy or whatever. No offfence to those who do of course! :oops: :oops:

Also always remember that most boys loved thomas the tank so prob have a bit of spotter in them.

I remember doing a 40min presentation to my whole class at school on model railways, with lots of hands on, they loved it, no hassle after that. :)

Muppet

also tell them if there were no train drivers or bus drivers or any transport drivers how would they comute

Jim

Established Member
& you can allways tell them your parents/rellies work in the industry - That works

Comebacks (known in my parlance as ripostes) straight from the Eternal Traveller's mouth:

Mature:
"OK, I'm a trainspotter. At least I'll get to my destination before you've even finished looking at a timetable!"

Less mature:
"OK, I like looking at trains. Maybe that's why I've taken an interest in you, since your face looks like a particularly bad-smelling toilet cubicle of a [insert Class No. as apt]. "

One for the ladies:
"It's better than hanging around street corners looking like you're on the game."

Enough?

Techniquest

Veteran Member
ROFL! I like the mature one, but I was loving the immature one!

Turns out all my workmates already know about me being a spotter, which is a huge relief to me. So need for snappy comebacks here.

jd

Yeah, ET's ones are great! ;)

In seriousness, I think the one about saying your parents work in the industry would work quite well!

Status
Not open for further replies.