• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Intercity Fridays Only to/from Euston

Status
Not open for further replies.

HST43277

Locomotive Intercity Limited to launch the Friday Charter train service from Friday 19th August 2022.

Locomotive Services Group will start its Friday Charter train service on Friday the 19th of August 2022 with tickets now on sale!

The new charter train service will operate to and from London Euston starting on Friday 19th of August followed by:
  • Friday the 26th of August
  • Friday the 2nd of September
  • Friday the 9th of September

The special service will operate using their 110mph Electric Locomotives with all first-class air-conditioned coaches....

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

3DavidC

LSL to help out ? Just hearing rumours!
Just seen this a post on social media, so maybe it will happen. However, there doesn't appear to be anything from LSL themselves on socials, nor anything on their website.

Last edited:

DelayRepay

Established Member
Just seen this on social media, so maybe it will happen. However, there doesn't appear to be anything from LSL themselves on socials, nor anything on their website.
There is:

Locomotive Intercity Limited to launch the Friday Charter train service from Friday 19th August 2022.
Locomotive Intercity Limited are pleased to announce a new charter train service operating into and from London Euston commencing on the 19th of August 2022 and running every Friday during August and into September.
A 14.29 departure from Crewe Station will run non-stop to London Euston, arriving 16.12. The return service will depart London Euston at 17.27, calling at Birmingham International (18.40), Birmingham New Street (18.54) Wolverhampton (19.14) Stafford (19.40), Crewe (20.04), Wilmslow (20.24) arriving into Manchester Piccadilly at 20.45.
This special charter service will run at 110 mph using Electric Locomotives and all first-class air-conditioned coaches with comfortable seats, tables and 240V power points. Two buffet cars are available on board, serving teas, coffees, snacks and alcoholic beverages.
If you are looking to visit London or to head north on a Friday afternoon, this charter train can take you there in comfort and style without the stress of normal rail services.
Tickets are limited and affordable at £75 per passenger, so book early to avoid missing out.
For more information and to book your seat, visit www.inter-city.co.uk or call 0800 038 5364.

DelayRepay

Established Member
Ah cheers, that wasn't there when I first posted but not to worry. Either way, I think a trip on it is required!
Any idea what the deal with this is? Presumably they've hired the path from Avanti. It's not going to do much to help with overcrowding as Avanti tickets won't be valid and it will be full of enthusiasts!

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Interesting the return path is only as far as crewe, yet is advertised as going to Manchester Piccadilly.
It's not, it's showing as running through to Manchester arriving at 20:45

Established Member
1 hour 27 from Euston to Birmingham New Street and 1 hour 43 Crewe to Euston are very respectable timings, obviously only possible with Avanti's reduced timetable.

Iskra

Established Member
Seems a sensible use of the stock and is great PR. I might make the trip. I assume it would be a class 90?

Hope it works out financially for LSL :)

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Seems a sensible use of the stock and is great PR. I might make the trip. I assume it would be a class 90?

Hope it works out financially for LSL :)
Looks like it should be a 90, well they've used a picture of one on the publicity anyway!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220815-214518_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220815-214518_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    504.3 KB · Views: 294

6Gman

Established Member
This looks . . . odd.

Not least because for most places (Crewe excepted) it only offers a one-way service. And even from Crewe it offers a little over an hour in London!

So the "affordable" £75 takes you one way but you'll need a further single for the other journey.

Iskra

Established Member
This looks . . . odd.

Not least because for most places (Crewe excepted) it only offers a one-way service. And even from Crewe it offers a little over an hour in London!

So the "affordable" £75 takes you one way but you'll need a further single for the other journey.
It's clearly intended as a one way relief service for Avanti and Burnham to ease Avanti's bad press, appease the Mancunian's and generate PR and a reputation for Intercity.

Rather than run ECS into London, they've opened it up for sales which is basically just extra money. Better for the enthusiasts to travel on the counter-peak working rather than the one aimed at leisure/business passengers.

nedchester

Established Member
This looks . . . odd.

Unless you’re an enthusiast and fancy a spin to London and back!

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Presumably they've hired the path from Avanti.

That’s not how it works. They apply for paths from Network Rail. If there is space in the timetable, then it can be offered (subject to various contractual stuff).

it will be interesting to see what the down path is like next week, when WMT are back to a full service (this Friday being a reduced service due to being between strike days). How it gets around 2H75 at International will be one to watch.

1 hour 27 from Euston to Birmingham New Street and 1 hour 43 Crewe to Euston are very respectable timings, obviously only possible with Avanti's reduced timetable.

It’s possible on the Birmingham because it doesn’t stop anywhere until International!

Efini92

Established Member
That’s not how it works. They apply for paths from Network Rail. If there is space in the timetable, then it can be offered (subject to various contractual stuff).

it will be interesting to see what the down path is like next week, when WMT are back to a full service (this Friday being a reduced service due to being between strike days). How it gets around 2H75 at International will be one to watch.

It’s possible on the Birmingham because it doesn’t stop anywhere until International!
It’ll still get stuck behind a LNWR :D

XCTurbostar

Established Member
It essentially chases a Wolverhampton-bound Pendolino all the way from Euston anyway..

Ah, as thought it's £75 each way. Booked Euston - Stafford on the 9th of September.

By the looks of it it's a "grab any seat" style as no reservations are provided - odd as I doubt there will be any walk up fares, it'll all be paid for in advance.

Xander

The EUS-MAN is likely not to run in the same path for 26th, 2nd and 9th as it will on 19th.

XCTurbostar

Established Member
The EUS-MAN is likely not to run in the same path for 26th, 2nd and 9th as it will on 19th.
True and we can see that from the Real Time Trains page. If it was the same path, I think it would be listed as 19-08-2022 to 10-09-2022 FO.

Xander

True and we can see that from the Real Time Trains page. If it was the same path, I think it would be listed as 19-08-2022 to 10-09-2022 FO.
Currently expecting it to run ahead of the Pendolino to Wolverton from 26th instead of behind it

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
How will it fit around the 15:45 Bournemouth - Manchester CrossCountry service from Birmingham and Wolverhampton?

sprinterguy

Established Member
How will it fit around the 15:45 Bournemouth - Manchester CrossCountry service from Birmingham and Wolverhampton?
I was naturally assuming that the Crosscountry service will overtake it at Wolverhampton - I think platform occupancy should permit that.

That's the premise I'm working on to allow me a couple of photos of the LSL working at both Birmingham and Stafford.

Status
Not open for further replies.