• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Interesting Observation: person dangling legs over platform edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drogba11CFC

I think that the problem could be tackled with eye-catching posters. Remember Track Off in the early 2000s?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Oxfordblues

I well recall one Sunday morning at Warrington Bank Quay station back in the late-1970s seeing a couple of local youths sitting on the Up Fast platform edge with their legs casually dangling over the track. Had an express approached on the curve from Dallam they would have had less than ten seconds to get up and save themselves from almost certain death. They were blissfully unaware of any danger and there were no staff members present to advise them.

SPADTrap

Established Member
The ones I've seen doing this have been intentionally doing it to either get a response from staff or the public or as an intentional 'against the rules' act as some kind of display of their 'well 'ard' prowess.

tsr

Established Member
The ones I've seen doing this have been intentionally doing it to either get a response from staff or the public or as an intentional 'against the rules' act as some kind of display of their 'well 'ard' prowess.

It is particularly ironic that there is very little which makes a human less "well 'ard" than a high-speed express...

Status
Not open for further replies.