• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Interesting Tickets from Euston TVM

Status
Not open for further replies.

cambsy

On Moderation
Booked some tickets On Avant West Coast, using Greater Anglia website, used Euston ticket machines,the tickets said Avanti West coast only, but then said 09.40 Virgin Trains, train manager joked that should put on eBa, as some enthusiast might pay for ticket like that, is this a common thing at moment? Made me chuckle.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Saperstein

Hi @cambsy

I’ve had London Midland only tickets issued long after West Midland Trains took over.

Guess it’s just takes them time to update.

I do wish they would stop all this sub-branding nonsense though, i.e. London Northwestern and West Midlands Trains when it’s all the same company, same as Southern/Thames link/Great Northern but that’s already been done to death on these forums lol.

Regards

Saperstein

SHFTraveller

Although I picked up some tickets recently from a new (or what I thought was a new) Northern touch screen machine, the LNER tickets I had stated "Virgin EC" guard on LNER train had a double take on ticket check.

Welshman

Established Member
Booked some tickets On Avant West Coast, using Greater Anglia website, used Euston ticket machines,the tickets said Avanti West coast only, but then said 09.40 Virgin Trains, train manager joked that should put on eBa, as some enthusiast might pay for ticket like that, is this a common thing at moment? Made me chuckle.

My wife booked some Advance Tickets to London from North Wales for this Thursday, returning on Sunday next on the RailEasy website. When she collected them at the TfW ATM, she found they were marked "Avanti West Coast only" for specified Virgin Trains both ways! Good luck to her with that one!

LA50041

Established Member
My wife booked some Advance Tickets to London from North Wales for this Thursday, returning on Sunday next on the RailEasy website. When she collected them at the TfW ATM, she found they were marked "Avanti West Coast only" for specified Virgin Trains both ways! Good luck to her with that one!

surely “Avanti West Coast” is the correct routing?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
surely “Avanti West Coast” is the correct routing?
It is, but the trains specified were incorrectly labelled 'Virgin Trains', as the software is out of date.

The TOC code for the relevant train(s) will be passed to the TVM; if the TVM still has code 'VT' programmed as 'Virgin Trains' then the trains will be incorrectly labelled.

LA50041

Established Member
It is, but the trains specified were incorrectly labelled 'Virgin Trains', as the software is out of date.

The TOC code for the relevant train(s) will be passed to the TVM; if the TVM still has code 'VT' programmed as 'Virgin Trains' then the trains will be incorrectly labelled.
Ah, apologies, I misunderstood the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.