• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Interesting trains on the MML round Long Eaton and Attenborough today

Status
Not open for further replies.

M7R

Not been around the MML much today but took my little lad down this morning and at about 11:40 a EMT HST came thundering through Attenborough and the buffet was a Virgin EC one, looked very odd in the middle of the EMT Blue and White formation,

Then this afternoon I was walking along one of the streets that runs along side the high level access to Toton Sidings and a shiney LM 172 went passed heading towards Toton Siding, anyone have any idea what it was doing up our way?

Not seen anything else out of the ordinary yet.. But still time,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ANDYS

M7R

The Virgin HST coach is 40805 which has just been painted into the new Virgin c/s. East Midland Trains hire it in while their coaches are being refurbished. I got a photo when it was still in the old East Coast c/s.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/66737297@N06/22324659082/in/photolist-A1KHnd

As for the LM 172, I assume it was this working:-

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/K96033/2016/02/13/advanced

I don't know what it is going to High Marnham for, and I wish I had known it was coming and I would have gone out for a photo. Hopefully, I will get it when it comes back.

Andy S

M7R

Cheers for the info, can't say i have seen the EC kitchen before now even thought it would appear is has been with EMT for a few months.

I did have a quick butches on RTT for the LM working but didn't spot that one, looks to be the one though as it was about that time it passed me heading into Toton,

High Dyke

Established Member
Status
Not open for further replies.