• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Internal application for a signalling role

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, was just wondering exactly how much it already helps being employed with network rail within another when it comes to applying for a signalling role?

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mresh91

Hi, was just wondering exactly how much it already helps being employed with network rail within another when it comes to applying for a signalling role?

Cheers

I think I read here that any job that doesn't get any interest on the internal list gets published on to the external. So with that, I'd say it helps a lot.

nom de guerre

The main advantage -v- an external applicant is that you can access the internal job list.

AFAIA you would have to undergo exactly the same assessments as an external candidate (I'll try to check that tonight).

Last edited:

nom de guerre

Also the hiring manager doesn't have to wait for you to get a place/complete signalling school!

The OP is asking what advantages NR employees with no signalling experience might have when applying for signalling jobs (well, that's my reading of their post, anyway).

In which case, they will still need to go to signalling school.

TomBoyd

The main advantage -v- an external applicant is that you can access the internal job list.

AFAIA you would have to undergo exactly the same assessments as an external candidate (I'll try to check that tonight).

This is spot on, you'll see the jobs and be able to apply for them before anyone off the street.

you MIGHT be given the same questions at interview as an external candidate, but that will depend on what you currently do for NR, and the Hiring Manager. If you're employed in a Safety Critical role, you may well get asked some of the "Signaller Specific" questions, say, about Communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.