• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

International Rail phone number for booking using FIP Staff Travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

swadbus

I'm investigating booking some ticket for my upcoming trip to Norway using my FIP.

I notice the phone number given to do this on the website https://www.bookmyrst.co.uk/contact-us is an 0870 number which is an expensive non-geographical phone number at 10 pence per minute.

Does anybody have a phone number that is free for me to call (or is geographic) using inclusive minutes or a geographical equivalent as I begrudge paying 10 pence per minute when I could potentially call for free using my inclusive allowances.

MODS: Apologies if this isn't quite in the right section - i wasn't sure if here or the international section would be more appropriate.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Being pedantic, it's an 0871 number and they've got the call charge wrong as well. It's 13p a minute plus your network's access charge. (Anywhere from about 10p a minute to 45p a minute, depending on provider).

In terms of geographic alternatives, there's the 01733 number on the same page, but that's stated as Aftersales only, so they probably wouldn't accept a booking on it, even if it goes through to the same team!

Another option is to book through another company which does provide a geographic number, but you're then likely to have to pay a booking fee (absorbed by ATOC for bookings made through IR). Examples include Ffestiniog Travel on (01766) 772 957 and Rail Canterbury on (01227) 450 088.

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I just use Ffestiniog. Swings & roundabouts but what you pay in the fee you gain in the (lack of) call charges. I believe Ffestiniog's profits go back into their heritage rail operations too?

Llanigraham

On Moderation
I just use Ffestiniog. Swings & roundabouts but what you pay in the fee you gain in the (lack of) call charges. I believe Ffestiniog's profits go back into their heritage rail operations too?

Correct!!

kieron

Established Member
In terms of geographic alternatives, there's the 01733 number on the same page, but that's stated as Aftersales only, so they probably wouldn't accept a booking on it, even if it goes through to the same team!
Although you don't know until you try.

I don't know about them, but most organisations don't deliberately put obstacles in the way of people trying to give them money.

Minilad

Established Member
Another vote for using Ffestiniog here. Good quick service from them. By all accounts from what i've heard the bookmyrst option is a waste of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.