• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

International travel for the unvaccinated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud Strife

Established Member
Rinse and repeat every winter?

I pray and hope that this is the last of it. My gut feeling is that this winter will see a huge amount of infections and very few hospitalisations, and we can finally see the back of all Covid-related restrictions. If this winter is anything like what happened in the UK a few months ago, there is absolutely no reason for any restrictions.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dent

I can't say I think very much about it. I don't even know if the rules obliging you to fill in the Czech and German entry forms are still in place, although I crossed those borders multiple times within a few hours last weekend.

It makes sense to extend the provisions until October, because that's when we'll know if Covid has been tamed (as it was with Omicron in the UK this year) or if it is in danger of overwhelming our medical facilities again.

What is the significance of October 2022?

I notice you still haven't explained how and when you propose to finally exit the infinite loop you want to create by imposing restrictions all over again every time hospitalizations rise.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Because we don't know what's going to happen.
Do you know what is going to happen with 'flu?

Do you have an idea how many can die with flu in a bad flu year?

I pray and hope that this is the last of it. My gut feeling is that this winter will see a huge amount of infections and very few hospitalisations, and we can finally see the back of all Covid-related restrictions.
We have no restrictions nor need for them. Restrictions just delay infections.
If this winter is anything like what happened in the UK a few months ago, there is absolutely no reason for any restrictions.
I agree there is no need for restrictions.

Also, our immunity to Sars-CoV-2 is increasing all the time.

It makes sense to extend the provisions until October,
No it doesn't.
because that's when we'll know if Covid has been tamed (as it was with Omicron in the UK this year) or if it is in danger of overwhelming our medical facilities again.
Medical facilities get 'overwhelmed' to some extent every winter and there will be inevitably be winter deaths with respiratory viruses. If prevalence of Sars-CoV-2 reduces enough to let 'flu back in, we could actually see more deaths as 'flu has a greater rate of genetic rift and is harder to vaccinate against.

Our immunity to Sars-coV-2 is increasing all the time; anything you propose to delay that process is merely going to prolong the pandemic and delay the onset of endemic equilibrium, as well as cause all sorts of harms in other areas.

Sars-CoV-2 is well on the way to becoming the 5th endemic human coronavirus and the situation of early 2020 where a novel virus was infecting an immunologically naive population has well and truly passed. It's time to move on!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.