• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Interview Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny1988

Hi everyone long time lurker first post incoming!

So I finally have my first drivers interview for northern on Monday! I am an internal candidate (conductor) and there have been others interviewed already for the position. One of my colleagues who has been interviewed didn't give much away but simply said the interview is no longer about "selling yourself", this got me wondering about what I need to research, so I thought Id join up and post finally! Any advice is greatly appreciated. I have obviously already done a shed load of research for the interview but anything else anyone could add would be fantastic!

Thank you!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hughavinalaf

I'm surprised you haven't received more input/info from your colleagues.I also work for Northern and prior to my interview people couldn't do enough to offer such help.

Anyway,as you will be aware,ts competency based,and will cover approximately 6 questions on topics such as dealing with an emergency,problem solving,customer service,concentration,attention to detail etc.

You will be asked to tell them about yourself,so the notion of not selling yourself is wrong,as this is your opportunity.You will also be asked to tell them what you know about the company,my advice......make sure you know enough so as the interviewer stops you from talking!

It lasts about 40mins - Wear a shirt and tie and be confident - Good luck.

purplejonesy

So I finally have my first drivers interview for northern on Monday! I am an internal candidate (conductor) and there have been others interviewed already for the position. One of my colleagues who has been interviewed didn't give much away but simply said the interview is no longer about "selling yourself", this got me wondering about what I need to research, so I thought Id join up and post finally! Any advice is greatly appreciated. I have obviously already done a shed load of research for the interview but anything else anyone could add would be fantastic!

Thank you!

Sounds like your colleague is being rather selfish and what's the job for themself ha ha.
My DMI lasted over an hour, I had 8 competence questions, questions about myself and like a 10-15 minute period for me to just tell them anything I alre day knew or researched about the company.
It's all about selling yourself and letting your personality done through

Louby

Thank you!
be psefic, not what your job does but what you do in that job , good luck x

Status
Not open for further replies.