• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Interview question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbyboy

Hi guys
I had an interview yesterday for network rail and was asked if i would consider any other roles outwith the one i applied for, but in a panic i said no (dont ask). Is there any way i could change this? This question was basically HR side of the interview.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Liam Fairley

Hi guys
I had an interview yesterday for network rail and was asked if i would consider any other roles outwith the one i applied for, but in a panic i said no (dont ask). Is there any way i could change this? This question was basically HR side of the interview.

It wouldn't do any harm in phoning recruitment and explaining to them the situation but I'm not sure if they'd be able to change it. A friend of mines works in S&T and he said at his interview, there were 3 managers of different departments there so if you are unsuccessful for the original post you applied for, the other managers would figure out if yous fit one of their positions instead. Don't beat yourself up about it though mate, it might not have any change o your interview results.

Rabbyboy

It wouldn't do any harm in phoning recruitment and explaining to them the situation but I'm not sure if they'd be able to change it. A friend of mines works in S&T and he said at his interview, there were 3 managers of different departments there so if you are unsuccessful for the original post you applied for, the other managers would figure out if yous fit one of their positions instead. Don't beat yourself up about it though mate, it might not have any change o your interview results.
Called recruitment and they have emailed over the manager that took the interview. But still interviews being carried out this week so they wont see it until next week. But atleast its done lol

Liam Fairley

The waiting game is doing my head in. I had my interview on the 5th and still nothing. If I was unsuccessful, I'd rather find out sooner than waiting for ages. I know there are still interviews being held this week at Edinburgh so fingers crossed. No news is good news and all that lol

Rabbyboy

The waiting game is doing my head in. I had my interview on the 5th and still nothing. If I was unsuccessful, I'd rather find out sooner than waiting for ages. I know there are still interviews being held this week at Edinburgh so fingers crossed. No news is good news and all that lol
Yep apparently should find out in a week to 2 weeks now, last interviews are this week so hopefully hear something next week.

Yep apparently should find out in a week to 2 weeks now, last interviews are this week so hopefully hear something next week.

Hi Rabby,

My interview was in the 28th August and they advised 2 weeks but still nothing I wouldn’t hold my breath.

On reading other forums it’s seems the whole recruitment process is painfully long!

How did your interview go ? Was it the Glasgow post you applied for ?

Rabbyboy

Hi Rabby,

My interview was in the 28th August and they advised 2 weeks but still nothing I wouldn’t hold my breath.

On reading other forums it’s seems the whole recruitment process is painfully long!

How did your interview go ? Was it the Glasgow post you applied for ?
Yeh i noticed alot of people have been waiting a while. Yep it was glasgow off track, i take it you were glasgow too?

Trackman

Established Member
This happens a lot, even a hiring manager for a different position doesn’t have to be present, but is consulted obviously

MT18

You guys checked the status of your application on the job website of late? Mines says reassigned to new vacancy, no idea what that means...

MT18

Have you checked yours though mate? I'm no gonna assume anything until I get a formal offer could just be a generic process on the system.

MT18

Aye same, I've no been contacted so that's why I'm staying grounded at the minute.

Rabbyboy

I called recruitment and they just said to wait and see if it updates soon and if it doesnt to give them a call.

MT18

Was the Friday, oh well sounds like we all should find out pretty soon then hopefully.

Guys,

How's things?

I went for my interview on the 28th of august and network rail recruitment advised the status of my job is interview pending?
Every time I call them I get different answers I wish I had a proper contact within the company who could give me a straight answer.

The recruitment team have just advised I am in a pot waiting for the role and have to wait, its been over a month now !!!

Very frustrating.

Rabby, Brann,any update om you guys?

Rabbyboy

Guys,

How's things?

I went for my interview on the 28th of august and network rail recruitment advised the status of my job is interview pending?
Every time I call them I get different answers I wish I had a proper contact within the company who could give me a straight answer.

The recruitment team have just advised I am in a pot waiting for the role and have to wait, its been over a month now !!!

Very frustrating.

Rabby, Brann,any update om you guys?
Mines was on the 13th. I called on thursday for an update but they were pretty hesitant on saying anything just that its just a waiting game for hiring manager to decide. Are you able to log on with your mobile? I tried network rail job sote log on but its terribly slow on my phone

Brann112233

I had my interview on Sep 14th, was told it can take up to 6 weeks! They also said that they would be looking to start guys end of October/beginning November. I've not called them yet, was thinking it wouldnt be until after this website update before I heard anything anyway.
And no, I can't log into website either. Really slow.

MT18

Judging from what I have read on previous threads, I think we are in for a bit of a wait. Brann they also told me the same as you at the interview and that they will be starting people all the way through to February.

Rabbyboy

Judging from what I have read on previous threads, I think we are in for a bit of a wait. Brann they also told me the same as you at the interview and that they will be starting people all the way through to February.
Yep i was told the same about the start dates. Im going to call recruitment on my break i think, see if there is any update

Status
Not open for further replies.