• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Introductions

D306

Established Member
Name: Michael Parsons

Lives: Milton Keynes

Job: does paper round count?

Studying: GCSE music, french, Re, english, science, Maths, BTEC health and social, GCSE PE Short Course

Transport Interests: Trains (duh)

Something I could not live without: Trainspotting, cjm, and my friends

What's in my wallet: 5p and some reciepts

Favourite Loco: Class 390

Favourite Band: cjm (Christian Band)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

andel

Name: Andelibobilina
Lives: Kidderminster
Job: IT Professional
Train: anything but a 142/3/4
Something I could not live without: Laptop/Phone/Partner
Whats in my wallet: Not enough cash
Last journey on on a train: Clacton - Kidderminster via Marylebone and New Street.

Pasu

Name: Pasu
Lives: Bognor Regis
Job: Out of Work for Mental Health Reasons
Train: Hate Pacers, dont really like MTU's except 2 which are valenta reincarnates! :-P
Something I could not live without: Medication
Whats in my wallet: Cards
Last journey on on a train: Dawlish Enthusiast Meet.

I see some that believe valeg members are chavs from a thread about it. I would seriously reconsider that. But anyway im not here to argue or debate, im here to listen and watch. Yes i have many difficulties in my life, but i do well to get through them.

Im a young guy supporting Valeg and activities within it.

P.S The situation at Starcross has now been addressed to FGW due to saftey reasons, the lack of saftey notices and a serious problem with the yellow line of saftey. A FGW Driver i know, i had a chat with to address the situation.

Juniper Driver

Established Member
Name: BoB
Username: Juniper Driver (458's)
Job: Train Driver
Joined Railway 26/07/1982
Interests: Railways anywhere, BVE,Cycling,Computers and Electronics
Favourite Classes: most trains if not all including Japan and America and their metro and especially the 458's and all the trains I drive at the present time although really learnt my trade on the 455s Slam doors and 442s.
Something I could not live without: My computer and my bikes and some of the colleagues at work.
Dislikes: Using the tube...I have been cycling to work since 1981.People with no manners which seems to be half of london.
What’s in my wallet: Residentual Pass.Railway I.D Card Train Drivers Licence and five pounds.

djw1981

Established Member
Real Name - David
Age - 25
Job - Medical Student
Interests - Humans, Trains, Sound/events tech
Location - Glasgow
Local Stations - Glasgow Queen St, Argyle St
Trains I enjoy traveling on - 170, HST, MkIV, 314, 334
Trains I hate - 158, 220, 221
What's in my wallet - Debit Card, VISA card. Mastercard, 2 photocopy cards, cashline card, McDonald's coffee loyalty card, Tesco Clubcard, WHSmith Clubcard, Nectar card, Bite Card, BECTU Membership card, Boots Advantage card, CPP card, MPS Membership card, Home Answerphone remote user card, Matalan card, BMA membership card, E111 Health Card, Blood Donor card, 2005-6 Yellow card, MDU Membership card, Staples reward card, Glasgow City Libraries Card, University of Edinburgh Alumni Passport, USDAW membership Card, Uni of Glasgow Matric Card, Somerfield Staff Discount Card, pile of receipts and 20p.
Favourite TOC - GNER, First Scotrail.

motherwell334

Name george
Age 30
Job Ticket Examiner with First Scotrail
Transport interests Anything
Something i couldn't live without... My Staff Travel card
Whats in my wallet? Union card, debit card, membership, discount thing for station shops, staff passes and a few notes

alex57601

Time I properly introduced myself (although some people may recognise me already)...

Real Name - Alex
Age - 18
Job - Student (and a lazy one at that)
Interests - Trains, cars, football, beer, railtours
Location - Wigan
Local Stations - Appley Bridge
Trains I enjoy travelling on - 175, 185, 507/508, behind 47s and Deltics, Mk.3s
Trains I hate - 142, 220/221
What's in my wallet - I'm not that thick!!!! And no I don't have a Capital One card!
Favourite TOC - Northern Rail, TPE

Anything else you want to know about me feel free to ask. :smile:

P156KWJ

Established Member
Name: Miles Williams
Interests: Trains (and railways in general), girls
Local line: The poacher line

Nick279

Name - Nick
Username - Nick279

Age - a very young looking 56(ish)
Job - Careers Adviser/Employment Consultant,
Previous Jobs- former journalist, university lecturer, driving instructor, wedding photographer, textile technologist, LGV driver/shop fitter, micro electronic test engineer, full time professional student, publisher and budding Rock Guitar God.
- Interests - life long Guitarist, presently playing rock guitar with a band called "Zimmer Frames From Hell", still bowing out the old Hendrix, Van Halen and Zeppelin type stuff with a bit of Satrinani, Vai, Malmsteen and Gilbert thrown in. Also a keen photographer and life long rail enthusiast with an interest in natural history, a qualified Ecologist with a BSc (hons) and a Masters degree, also East Lancs Railway volunteer on the Santa Specials (thats all I have time for at the moment.)
Location - North Manchester

Local Stations, Mills Hill Calder Valley lineon one side and Bowker vale Metrolink on the other.
Special things in your area - Newton health sheds (whats left of them) anbd the East Lancs Railway
Locos You have seen - everything up till 1985 when I cleared BR, been writing numbers down since 1957, not written one down since 1985 when I cleared my last 08 from Stratford, always taken photographs though.
Favourite Trains and Why? it got to be the old austerity WD for me, I grew up with one parked outside my bedroom window, I lived on the Mills Hill loop at Chadderton, these locos were very common in the area.
The Buzziest Trains you have been on- Indian Railways without a doubt.
What's in my wallet- with 3 lads at university draining me dry, very little at the moment.

P156KWJ

Established Member
was suprised how nice Hull was actually, full of bridges :lol: but too expensive to go over the humber bridge :shock: Grimsby.... well.... seemed to have lots of chavs (hope you are not one jordy ;)) and had an adequate shopping centre. :)

Gizmogle

Established Member
Jordy is indeed a chav.

And Hull...well, you can't have been there if you're speaking like that!

P156KWJ

Established Member
Jordy is indeed a chav.

And Hull...well, you can't have been there if you're speaking like that!

oh dear, another chav on the net :roll:

also, suppose I've not really looked around hull. went there to the deep on a school trip in 2006...