• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Introductions

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Welcome Jonathan. May I wish you a very happy birthday and I hope you find the answers to any questions you have on this forum, there are some very knowledgeable people on here and there are lots of different sections to look at and ask your own questions in if you want to know or understand something. :)
Also I think your photo was taken at the Great Central Railway, maybe at Loughborough?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jonathan01n

Welcome Jonathan. May I wish you a very happy birthday and I hope you find the answers to any questions you have on this forum, there are some very knowledgeable people on here and there are lots of different sections to look at and ask your own questions in if you want to know or understand something. :)
Also I think your photo was taken at the Great Central Railway, maybe at Loughborough?

Yep indeed! How do you know it?

Jonathan1990

On Moderation
Just joined but it appears no one likes me here so I probably may not return but saying hi anyhow. :@

Lrd

Established Member
Just joined but it appears no one likes me here so I probably may not return but saying hi anyhow. :@
Why do you say that? There's a great bunch of people on here who are very knowledgeable and willing to help. You'll learn a lot from them.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Welcome to all :)
I am also interested, when do this website start and who started it? I seemed cannot find those info. Can anyone answer me that?
I thought of it in February 2005 and it was created a few months later.
Guess Where is this photo taken
View attachment 32377
You will be pleased to hear we actually have our own dedicated Quizzes & Games section; you are very welcome to get involved in any of the games there. If you have any ideas for a new game you may contact our Quizmasters.

kentuckytony

Jonathan, welcome to you from the hills of Kentucky, USA - and happy birthday.
I lived in England for a while as a lad back in the 1950s.
I enjoy this forum as I am a big fan of UK rail and Swiss rail.
My dad was a plane engine mechanic during WW2 in England and for many years thereafter in the USA.
Enjoy being a member! :)

jonathan01n

Jonathan, welcome to you from the hills of Kentucky, USA - and happy birthday.
I lived in England for a while as a lad back in the 1950s.
I enjoy this forum as I am a big fan of UK rail and Swiss rail.
My dad was a plane engine mechanic during WW2 in England and for many years thereafter in the USA.
Enjoy being a member! :)

Do you eat a lot of KFCs?:D

davejc64

Hello,

I am Dave, I have just joined, you may recognise me from UKTrainsim Forum or you may not, either way I just wanted to say hello, so I did. :lol:

jamiearmley

Hi :D

Just wanted to say hello!

I've browsed this forum for years, it is full of interesting information and decent discussions ..

I've found it really useful during my recent application for a Trainee Conductor role at Northern.

Big thanks to everybody on here, for the help and confidence you gave me [without even knowing it!!] whilst i went through the application process..

I got the job, and start training in a few weeks!

James :D

nicholasbasset

Hi I'm Nick. Finally I've been approved after 17 months of requesting to join (any reason for it having take 1.5 years?)
Always been very interested in railways all my life. Born early 70s but love everything about the 80s. Favourite MUs: HST's OBBBBBVIOUSLY!!!!! Favourite locos: C33, C50, C87, C90. Partial to Steam too. Modeller too. Extensive 'OO' stock.
Met Sir Kenneth Grange personally last year at HST 40 when he unveiled his own C43 in Blue/Yellow livery. Wonderful memory.
Live in Southsea (not Portsmouth but a very large town in its own right, south & east of Portsmouth!!!) so served by Southwestern, FGW and Southern. No locos:(
Hope to have good future conversations with others on here.
Nick.

TheAdelante

Yo. I'm The Adelante. Been here a couple of months now :)

Name: Ryan
Occupation. Don't have one I'm in secondary school. Ugh, got exams this symmester.
Favourite train: See my username
Least favourite: 220/221/507/508
Favourite TOC: Grand Central
Least favourite: Abellio SnotRail, Merseyrail - seriously man, their trains are chiz...
Favourite station: Looe
Least favourite: Denton - oh come on do me a favor, there's nothing there!
Favourite city: Toronto
Least favourite: Glasgow

Likes: Football, Basketball, my guitar, my iPad, Virgin Atlantic, Canadian Pancakes, Canadian Bacon, Canadian Syrup, the fact that my older bro Aaron has a drivers license (comes in handy when you wanna go places)

Dislikes: Math, Science, Cucumber, Snitches, Exams, my jank phone which is awful and is only until I get a new one to replace the old one I smashed. :oops: People who think the accent of Canadians and Northern Americans sound the same or even remotely similar. People who think identical twins have anywhere near identical personalities. Oh and the jank Toronto Subway.

Best train memory: Going on my first Adelante from grotty Slough to Reading. Love at first sight. :lol:

Most embarrassing train memory: Getting lost at my local railway station. Hey - I was in Kindergarten at the time! :lol:

That's about it.

Last edited:

cactustwirly

Established Member
I now live in the English state of Surrey. (its actually a county)

drivers (its driving licence) license (comes in handy when you wanna go places)

my jank (wtf does this even mean?) phone which is awful and is only until I get a new one to replace the old one I smashed. :oops:
Oh and the jank Toronto Subway.

People who think the accent of Canadians and Northern Americans sound the same or even remotely similar.

Well you do to me, both countries can't speak (or spell) English properly ;)

Btw there's no such thing as 'Math' it's actually Maths

Sorry for being pedantic, I couldn't resist.

BluePenguin

On Moderation
Well you do to me, both countries can't speak (or spell) English properly ;)

Btw there's no such thing as 'Math' it's actually Maths

Sorry for being pedantic, I couldn't resist.
Haha the gloves are coming off now! It looks like I wasn't the only itching to comment corrections. The cat is out of the bag now, standard English is only spoken properly in England and is lacking elsewhere as what is being spoken about sometimes doesn't exist.

locomad46

locomad46 has just arrived in platform number 1. It took some doing, as I tried 3 other names I use and it turns out others already use them.

R848

Hello All

Recently discovered this forum via an an old thread, decided to join as like asking questions about the specifics of various historical rail projects as well as railways in general.

Also out of interest, which sub-forum would be appropriate for inquiring about historical rail projects?

Last edited:

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Hello All

Recently discovered this forum via an an old thread, decided to join as like asking questions about the specifics of various historical rail projects as well as railways in general.

Also out of interest, which sub-forum would be appropriate for inquiring about historical rail projects?
Hi. I’m guessing “Railway History and Nostalgia” :)

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Welcome aboard. Railway History and Nostalgia would probably be the best place to post such questions.

Prima

Hello all from France !

Name: Prima
Lives: Paris
Job: Train driver

I'm working at SNCF for more than 10 years. After a first experience as a guard (based in Auvergne, central France), I had a driving training and began to drive passenger trains (mostly commuter in Paris). As some passengers were doing my nuts, I moved to the freight division.

Nowadays I'm mostly driving intermodal trains accross the country, at a speed ranking from 100 to 140 kph. I'm also qualified to work on the Luxembourgish network.

I joined this forum in order to pick up some informations on British rail industry. I'm also travelling quite frequently to Britain, but I'm avoiding conscientiously London (not the best place to practice my English because there are too many Froggies there).
Particularly interesed by parliamentary trains !

I would be pleased to answer at some questions about French railways.

Established Member
Hello all from France !

Name: Prima
Lives: Paris
Job: Train driver

I'm working at SNCF for more than 10 years. After a first experience as a guard (based in Auvergne, central France), I had a driving training and began to drive passenger trains (mostly commuter in Paris). As some passengers were doing my nuts, I moved to the freight division.

Nowadays I'm mostly driving intermodal trains accross the country, at a speed ranking from 100 to 140 kph. I'm also qualified to work on the Luxembourgish network.

I joined this forum in order to pick up some informations on British rail industry. I'm also travelling quite frequently to Britain, but I'm avoiding conscientiously London (not the best place to practice my English because there are too many Froggies there).
Particularly interesed by parliamentary trains !

I would be pleased to answer at some questions about French railways.

Hello, welcome to the forum! :)

Jordan_S

Good evening to everybody!

I wouldlike to shortly introduce myself.

My Name is Jordan, i'am 23 Years old and i came from Munich (Germany).
I have visit England 5 times and i like there! That's the reason why I signed up here.

I work as service Engineer for locomotives and i'm allowed to drive them. I hope to meet colleagues here!

Best regards
Jordan