• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Inverness to Bo'ness

Status
Not open for further replies.

fraser158

Hi everyone.

Sorry in advance if this is in the wrong section, I wasn't sure whether it should go here or in the bus section.

I was thinking of going to Bo'ness to see the diesel gala, so I'd probably get the train from Inverness to Linlithgow (change at Perth/Stirling) and get the bus to Bo'ness.

Does anyone know if buying the bus ticket on the bus would be cheaper than the £1.50 Plusbus day ticket?

Also, where is the bus stop "Linlithgow, opp Cross"? I've tried looking on Google Maps but I couldn't find it.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Glenmutchkin

The main bus stop is outside the Four Marys pub on the High Street. When you leave the station walk down the hill to the High Street, turn left and walk about 100 yards.

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
The plusbus fare has risen to £2.30. Still cheaper than a single from Linlithgow to Bo'ness though (if you qualify for a railcard you get your discount on plusbus too).

During the day the bus numbers are 45 & 46 from the first stop outside the Four Marys pub. These run as Linlithgow - Bo'ness circulars. The stop nearest Tesco's in Bo'ness is closest to the B&KR but its also a short walk from the bus station.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
Hmm, I guess £1.50 will be the special promotional Plusbus price for June and July when purchased through the Scotrail website (or other booking engines run by the Trainline). Definitely worth going for it at this price then!

stuart

Also check the possibility of split ticketing at Perth - quite often cheaper!

Just checked: off peak return INV-PTH 25.60, PTH-LIN 16.10; INV-LIN 55.90.

Last edited:

p123

I don't know the exact fare for the bus, but I've used First in West Lothian a couple of times before and they charge a small fortune for what you get.

A return ticket from Linlithgow to Bo'ness, however, will not be less than the £2.30 your plusbus costs. And I think ScotRail are currently doing a £1.50 offer also :)

Status
Not open for further replies.