• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Inverness to Falkirk Sleeper Fare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butts

Veteran Member
Is it possible to get a ticket for travel from Inverness to Falkirk on the Sleeper Service.

The reason I ask is it would be possible to a daytrip if that service could be utilised for the return journey and save on an overnight stay. (gets into FKG about just after midnight)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rail-britain

Established Member
Is it possible to get a ticket for travel from Inverness to Falkirk on the Sleeper Service
Not normally
I suggest you send an email to ScotRail Customer Service to check and confirm this
Outline that you are travelling from Falkirk Grahamston to Inverness and this is the only available service in order to return to Falkirk Grahamston on the same day

They may issue you with an open reservation, if there are seats remaining on the day of travel, which you then present to the Train Manager along with your ticket
The Train Manager will also have received a copy

Butts

Veteran Member
Not normally
I suggest you send an email to ScotRail Customer Service to check and confirm this
Outline that you are travelling from Falkirk Grahamston to Inverness and this is the only available service in order to return to Falkirk Grahamston on the same day

They may issue you with an open reservation, if there are seats remaining on the day of travel, which you then present to the Train Manager along with your ticket
The Train Manager will also have received a copy

Thanks for that I suspected this was the case. I suppose if I could purchase a £19 special and hop out at FKG when it stopped, but I don't want to open up that can of worms !!!

When I was reading the brochure for it I noticed you had the option of a complimentary hot breakfast in London arrival in 1st Class - I was wondering what this consists of ?

sonic2009

Established Member
When I was reading the brochure for it I noticed you had the option of a complimentary hot breakfast in London arrival in 1st Class - I was wondering what this consists of ?

It comes in a microwaveable dish consists of sausage, egg & cheese omelete, mushrooms and tomato relish.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Ah I see sounds a bit like the sort you'd get on an Aircraft - thanks.

I had one for breakfast today - no cheese in the omelette though! I was informed it was a vegan omelette.

With regard to alighting at FKG this is not normally permitted. You would need written authority - preferably on headed paper - from a senior manager. If you only get verbal authority do not assume that the crew will have been informed - often I do not get a reservation sheet prior to travel & can only confirm passenger bookings by cross referencing the name on the seat label to some form of i.d. the passenger holds. With no written authority you may be denied access at Inverness so I personally wouldn't take the risk without it.

Good luck.

rail-britain

Established Member
Thanks for that I suspected this was the case. I suppose if I could purchase a £19 special and hop out at FKG when it stopped
I discussed this with ScotRail Customer Services and they would not normally allow any travel, unless in extraordinary circumstances
You would therefore need to travel on the 20:15 Inverness - Stirling service
However, if you can find the Train Manager for the sleeper they may be willing to allow you to travel, but will probably just point to the 20:15 service and advise you "to get that before it leaves"

I am not aware of a £19 special fare between Inverness and Preston or Crewe
The £19 is usually only from Glasgow or Edinburgh
The nearest is normally the £29 single between Inverness and Euston, but the £49 is more common
Equally, as this is classed as an Advance Single, you would not be permitted to "stop short"

I assume this is the First Class breakfast on the sleeper
This consists of the Standard breakfast :
Tea or Coffee
Orange Juice
Yoghurt
Croissant and marmalade
Plus the extra (which Standard ticket holders pay extra for) :
Hot Breakfast Roll

As you can see on this one, there was no Croissant and marmalade, and it is quite common for some items to be missing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.