• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Inverness

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkinnyDave

Established Member
I've been asked by a colleague if anyone can advise on what routes Scotrail Inverness sign, shift times etc is it a good depit as she wants to relocate North..

Any advice will be gratefully passed on

Drivers I am enquiring about

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
I should imagine that they would sign Aberdeen via Elgin, Far North lines and to Perth?.

I'm not 100% sure.

SkinnyDave

Established Member
I should imagine that they would sign Aberdeen via Elgin, Far North lines and to Perth?.

I'm not 100% sure.

That's what we thought in terms of routes although I don't think they do full North line I think I've read on here they go half way and Wick driver takes over

Suraggu

That's what we thought in terms of routes although I don't think they do full North line I think I've read on here they go half way and Wick driver takes over

A former colleague works at Scotrail as a Driver for Inverness. He signs Inverness -Perth, Kyle of Lochalsh, Wick, Thurso and Aberdeen iirc

SkinnyDave

Established Member
Cheers I didbt think they went as far as Wick/Thurso but your colleague will be better placed than me lol

380gk

Inverness sign:

*Tmd
*Inverness to Wick (although only one turn does the full route due to journey times etc)
*Inverness to Kyle
*Inverness to Perth
*Inverness to Aberdeen

There was a really bizarre time in recent years where Inverness at one point went all the way to Edinburgh via Fife, but that was taken off the route card a while ago.

Turns tend to be self contained In their own routing groups unlike in the central belt where you*could be in Perth one minute and anniesland the next. I believe there are also shed only turns and night shift turns too.

Weirdly, Aberdeen still do the full Aberdeen to Glasgow and Edinburgh route.

In terms of depot morale and what it's like to work there, they have a low turnover of ops staff up there, and your very much left to your own devices.

Hope this helps.

380gk

Yep. Worst case scenario 4 1/2 hour down, 40 min PNB (+10 walk) and 4 1/2 back. 10 hours is the max turn at Inverness although Kyle and wick are 11.

cf111

Established Member

An Inverness crew takes the 0704 as far as Lairg (LRG) where there is a crew-swap with the 0620 WCK-INV (it has been months since I was on this train so it may have changed). An Inverness crew also mans both the 1037 INV-WCK and 1600 WCK-INV.

There is also the 0633 LRG-INV which runs up as ECS every morning as well as some "Invernet" commuter services to Ardgay-ish, so potentially quite a bit of FNL running!

Status
Not open for further replies.