• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Invoicing NR for bus fare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drogba11CFC

I am currently travelling to Melksham for Winchester City's first match of the season. However, due to a points failure at Westbury, I got off at Salisbury to complete the journey by bus via Devizes. Will I be able to claim the bus fare back from Network Rail or the TOC?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I'd contact the customer relations department of the relevant TOC.

matt_world2004

Established Member
You could try contacting the tocs customer service department there might be issues if they laid on alternative transport or there was ticket acceptance with local buses /other operators .

You will likely need the bus ticket and original rail ticket as evidence of your claim

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I am currently travelling to Melksham for Winchester City's first match of the season. However, due to a points failure at Westbury, I got off at Salisbury to complete the journey by bus via Devizes. Will I be able to claim the bus fare back from Network Rail or the TOC?
What was the cost of the journey by rail?
How long would the delay have been if you had completed the journey by rail?
Did you ask if any alternative arrangements were made and/or were you given any alternative travel advice?
What was the cost of the bus fare?

CW2

Established Member
If the TOC were to look closely at your claim, they might wonder why you got off at Salisbury when eveything was running to time by midday and the kick-off was at 3pm. I'd suggest you choose your words carefully when submitting the claim.

Veteran Member
If the TOC were to look closely at your claim, they might wonder why you got off at Salisbury when eveything was running to time by midday and the kick-off was at 3pm. I'd suggest you choose your words carefully when submitting the claim.
As the ground at Melksham is some 2m from the station, catching the train 2 hours later from Westbury/Trowbridge would not have been a reasonable option.
However, going to Trowbridge and catching a bus might have been (with hindsight).
Assuming the OP wasn't given specific advice, I would consider claiming Delay Repay based on the delayed arrival at Trowbridge or Melksham, as a proportionate way of obtaining recompense. I know this is strictly incorrect!

Status
Not open for further replies.