• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

IOM SailRail question

Status
Not open for further replies.

clagmonster

Established Member
A couple of questions about Isle of Man Sail Rail if I may.

In order to avoid worry of delays on the day of sailing, would it be possible to have an overnight break of journey on the outward portion of these tickets? This would also allow a Two Together Railcard to be used which would otherwise be barred by the railcard's 09:30 time restriction.

Also, as my desired flow does not have a 26-30 railcard discounted fare, would it be permissible to obtain a 16-25 railcard discounted ticket to use with the 26-30 railcard. I see nothing in the railcard conditions to bar the railcard from the Isle of Man.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
Overnight (or any other) break of journey is not permitted so your use of Two Together will be barred if departure is before 09:30.

gray1404

Established Member
When are you travelling? If its once the 1915 evening departure from Liverpool is running again this might be a safer option then a 1415 from Heysham.

Also, compare the costs of separate Advance tickets on the train to Liverpool /Lancaster /Heysham and the Footloose offer fare on the ferry as it can work out cheaper then a Sail Rail. Also makes your overnight break of journey possible.

clagmonster

Established Member
I am traveling in July, aiming for the late morning sailing from Liverpool.

Would a 26-30 Railcard be permissible with such a ticket. I see nothing in the conditions to bar it.

philthetube

Established Member
The easy way to find out is to attempt to buy one on line, if it is offered then it is available.

I know that priv tickets are not available for this.

Haywain

Veteran Member
I am traveling in July, aiming for the late morning sailing from Liverpool.

Would a 26-30 Railcard be permissible with such a ticket. I see nothing in the conditions to bar it.
Without knowing where you are travelling from it would be rather difficult to say, but the terms and conditions of the railcard are fairly clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.