• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

iPhone 3gs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonmidland

Established Member
Hi,

I'm getting an iPhone 3gs off my mate when her contract runs out and I have a few questions I am concerned about. I am hoping you lot can answer them;)

1.) When the contract runs out, the iPhone will be locked? Can I unlock it?
2.) Can you get a iPhone on pay-as-you go instead of paying a certain amount monthly?
3.) If so, what are the best network providers?

Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
1) Depends
2) Yes, although with a smartphone you're much better off in a contract
3) Depends

Bungle73

On Moderation
If the phone was originally from O2 they will unlock it for you.: http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi...ion,question=ref(user):str(Mobile),CASE=17424

You can use PAYG on an iPhone, you just need a SIM. Whether it's worth it over a contract depends on how much and where you use it. I hardly ever make any calls, and mainly use WiFi so I'm on 3 PAYG, which gives me 150MB, 25 texts and 5000 3 to 3 minutes when I top up with £5, does me....at least for now.

SS4

Established Member
1a) Possibly
1b) For a Price (unless it's unlocked then N/A
2) Yes. Look into SIM only deals
3) That depends on too many factors. Try and see using PAYG sims?

Barn

Established Member
I have a number of friends who use Giffgaff on unlocked smartphones, and very strongly recommend it.
http://giffgaff.com/

Seconded. No point getting a contract if (a) you don't need a subsidised handset and (b) giffgaff gives you unlimited data for £10 per month without commitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.