• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ipswich to Cambridge... Via Liverpool Street?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathmo

Or they may not pay you on the basis that you deliberately chose a slower route and therefore effectively delayed yourself?
Hadn't thought of this - you might be right, but they still couldn't deny it was a valid route.

So the lesson there is always arm yourself with the relevant pages, don't pay any extra fares, and don't make any compensation claims!;)
I decided it wasn't worth claiming anyway - the compensation would be less than £3 as the ticket was cheap anyway! <D But thanks for the advice!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nick W

Established Member
Today I saw a poster in Ipswich stating that tickets between Ipswich and Cambridge are not valid via London. False advertisement at its worse unless local sources can overrule ATOC's routing guide.

Therefore I suggest people in future buy Ipswich - Waterbeach tickets.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Surely NXEA have to apply to ATOC who then have to seek approval from the DfT? Has this process been followed through or are NXEA breaking the rules?

embers25

Established Member
Just to update. Nationalrail now gives routes via London but no fares or options for fares, yet the routing guide still shows it. Obviously the computerised guide the stations have has been fixed but yet again not the online guide. Therefore technically it is still valid however you will be excessed as two separate tickets due to the argument ATOC are now using with me that only the computer one matters and their online one is just "a guide"!

Nick W

Established Member
Can you quote the actual words on the poster, please?

John

I wish I had photographic memory, but to the best of my recollection it was "Please note that tickets from Ipswich to Cambridge are not valid via London and may only be used on the Bury St Edmunds route".

Nationalrail now gives routes via London but no fares or options for fares,

Put in via broxbourne to stop it booking you via Kings Cross (which to the best of my knowledge is valid but there's no free cross London transfer).

Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Cross London transfer is included and the RG even says so.

Anyway if anyone wants to do this, PM me for advice before doing it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.