• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Iron Maiden likes trains!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mushroom

It's well known, a lot of people in the media/music biz like railways: Phil Collins, Rod Steward, Pete Waterman, Mike Reed, Nick Owen, David Icke, Jules Holland to name but a few.

Iv met Pete Waterman several times at the manchester model railway exhibition

Galvanize

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCveQUuBvCM

Bruce Dickinson the lead singer talks about how he likes high speed trains and the HST being the one he likes most
Bah, knew that he liked trains ages ago! Some channel 5 program in late 2003/early 2004 which was talking about the ultimate trains, included the Acela Express, ICE, TGVs and only a breif mention of the Pendo and APT. Can't remember if he mentions the HST125.

theblackwatch

Established Member
Iv met Pete Waterman several times at the manchester model railway exhibition

He does quite a lot of model railway shows, connected with his 'Just Like The Real Thing' business. I remember him being at Warley with his stand last time I went around 3 or 4 years ago.

Respite

Pete is a sound fella,met him at a few occasions at crewe whilst I was trying to get him to sell a 47 to me:evil2: ,I still laugh when I remember how He painted that LNER overated 4472 into BR black.How many people went mental at that?
David Icke?? FFS Oh no!

Sprog

Established Member
Known for ages!

He's a fully qualified commercial pilot aswell as a plane ned, an enthusiast and a sound bloke!

RUN TO THE HILLS!!!!!!! \m/

Death

Established Member
Hail All! 8-)
Following this topic, can anyone now see why my railway preferance is for Sprinters, HSTs and APTs in that order? <D

Aye...Many people would not associate railways as being "Heavy", but think of the deep growl that a 159 makes as it takes off...Now don't try and tell me that that doesn't sound truly METAL! <D
Some channel 5 program in late 2003/early 2004 which was talking about the ultimate trains, included the Acela Express...
Gods only know why that was included in such a programme! The Acela is (For all intents and purposes) a Eurostar trainset without the 3rd rail capability...But thanks to the somewhat idiotic rules laid down by the U.S. Federal Rail Authority, Acela trains carry a lot of excess weight in the form of carriage reinforcement as they have to be able to resist something like 10,000lb of pressure in the event of a crash! Thanks to that ruling, the average Acela is so badly weighed down that even a Pendodildo could overtake it with the handbrake on! :sad:

Incidentally, I seem to recall that the American rail companies were very interested in the APT when British Rail were developing it, and there was a chance that the APT-S would be exported in the hundreds (If not thousands) to the United States for high-speed services over there. Any idea why this was not done in the end? We all know that the APT flopped over here thanks to the insufficient "intelligence" of many of British Rails shareholders, but if BR had sold the plans and two of the three surplus APT-Ps to the Americans for research and testing purposes, then the APT would have probabally become something of a refreshing breeze for the American rail network! 8-)

Farewell... <D
>> Death <<

AlexS

Established Member
Bruce Dickinson, god. He made a 'Mark Williams on the Rails' esque program a couple of years back with him driving on the Bluebell and such. Also famously dropped a gig at the last minute in the early 80s to chase class 40s. Bless'im.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Bruce Dickinson, god. He made a 'Mark Williams on the Rails' esque program a couple of years back with him driving on the Bluebell and such. Also famously dropped a gig at the last minute in the early 80s to chase class 40s. Bless'im.

:lol: quality. He had/has taste 8)

Death

Established Member
Hail again! <D
Ironically enough, I happen to be listening to Chains of Misery (Off of Fear of the Dark) at this very moment...Although I always seem to sing it as Chains of hyperspeed for some reason! :eek:

And keeping on the 'Maiden/Rail theme - You don't want to know what would happen if I was driving a HST to the sound of Wasted Years... ;)

Farewell... <D
>> Death <<

kettlefan

Hail again! <D
Ironically enough, I happen to be listening to Chains of Misery (Off of Fear of the Dark) at this very moment...Although I always seem to sing it as Chains of hyperspeed for some reason! :eek:

And keeping on the 'Maiden/Rail theme - You don't want to know what would happen if I was driving a HST to the sound of Wasted Years... ;)

Farewell... <D
>> Death <<

a lot of doom and gloom?

Respite

I'm guessing a full emergency brake application due to You not being able to hear and respond to the vigilance beeper or failing to cancel the AWS horn for a restrictive signal/speed warning board!

:D :D :D

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.