• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is 0520 - Plymouth to Edinburgh XC service formed of 4 or 5 coaches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mralexn

Hello there,

I am looking at catching the 05:20 service from Plymouth to Edinburgh on Wednesday 11th October. All I am wondering is if anyone knows if the voyager that usually forms this service is a 4 or 5 car service, or is it simply luck of the draw.

The reason I'm hoping for a 5 car is because there is usually a lot tables in there with a decent view (ie no bezels getting in the way)

Many thanks,

Alex

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ValleyLines142

Established Member
This particular service I've always found to be a 4 car. The next service (0625 Plymouth to Glasgow) is usually a 5 car.

That said, it could be anything on the day.

sprinterguy

Established Member
Probably no help at all but it can be either. I've seen both.
A random sample from across the last six weeks or so suggests that it largely runs as booked. Certain diagrams do seem to be more susceptible to incorrect formations, no idea though if this is part of one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.