• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is a rail replacement bus (RRB) a train? (for legal purposes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clagmonster

Established Member
Back in the day when RRBs ran from Newbury Park to Billericay (maybe they still do, but I have been away from the area for 18 months), having tapped out my Oyster at Newbury Park, I could never find anyone to sell me a ticket to ride the RRB to Billericay.
In the other direction, joining the bus at Billericay was just a question of tacking on the end of the stream of train passengers and boarding the bus. Then tap in the Oyster at Newbury Park. Not sure what else I was supposed to do really.
In that case, I would suggest paying your fare on arrival at Billericay, assuming the booking office is open at the time. Although you would probably find it cheaper to get a ticket from Liverpool St.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.