• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is a UKTS Full (money account) account worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gareth Hale

Hi all, ive recently re-installed MSTS, and decided that Ill download a route off UKTS, Im using a free account, and im going to leave it downloading all night, it is apx 45Mb, Its going to take about 6 - 7 hours downloading. How long will it take me to download on a full account? My Internet connection is 54Mbps on my PC and 600Mbps on the family computer.

Cheers

- Gareth

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David

Established Member
It all depends on how much you download. If you only download a few items a month then no. But if you dowload a lot, or they are large files, then yes it is. Also, when you have a premium account, you can dowload as fast as your connection allows.

T

Tom

£11.75 for 6 months premium is very reasonable, I currently have premium until August next year.

Angus

I think buying CDs is even better value - £4.50 each and they come with a month's premium membership plus more stuff on each than you could download in a year!

Tom B

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
My Internet connection is 54Mbps on my PC and 600Mbps on the family computer.

No, that's your LAN connection (802.11g I presume)

T

Tom

Indeed, you can't get that fast to a family home, well you could, but I expect a payment of approximately £500 a month. ;)

You probably have 1-10MBit as you are in the USA.

Gareth Hale

Hi, ive just downloaded GWML at a whopping slow speed of 2.0K/S and it is not reconised by MSTS, I have all the route files needed (even the nice UKFS) it just installs, fine, great, load up MSTS and its not on the route..

The process i did is

Install my route to

G:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\ROUTES\GWML2 (ive got MSTS installed on my G drive) and then I bring the UKFS track over, and then I press intallme.bat and it does some kind of work, and according to the instructions, im done, but for some reason, its not working

Help Me Pleease. Ive spent nights of downloading to find no working route as this is the third route not to work.

Quote to TC: Its prolly 10Bit, I use Insight Broband Plus and my Parents pay a MASSIVE bill for it.... Of course, We do prefer this speed compaired to what Tiscali gave us (512Kbps)

Quote Insight Broband (www.insight-com.com)
You will enjoy the benefits of Insight Broadband Plus with download speeds of up to 6.0 Mbps and upload speeds of up to 512 Kbps, if some of the following internet usage behaviors apply to you or your household:

T

Tom

Paul will guide you through that.

Gareth, 10Bit? LOL. That's around 2KB/sec! No wonder you download slowly from UKTS! ;)

Gareth Hale

Ive got the paied account for 1 month. WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT!!!! im downloading at 2.5 - 4MB a second. I like this ALOT!!!

anyone want to reccomend routes or trains? Im getting the Mt. Springfield route now

Gareth Hale

Right, Downloaded MT Springfield route, installed, not reconsised my MSTS. I can't get into the edit tools thing as it just locks up

Angus

Download Train Store, and other tools like Route-Riter, etc. - they're very useful. Especially Train Store - MSTS is virtually unusable without it if you're going to anything above the default routes.

TheSlash

Established Member
Premium account until November 2007? Bit of a gamble that it will still be going by then, it was at deaths door before Kuju Rail simulator and from what my spies tell me, it is living on false pretenses

Gareth Hale

AlexS said:
Nah, MSTS gets unusable at above about 15 routes with a few hundred consists. Takes forever to load.

I noticed that, ive got about 100 trains now, takes a lot longer to load, but I like them 8)

1K73

TheSlash said:
Premium account until November 2007? Bit of a gamble that it will still be going by then, it was at deaths door before Kuju Rail simulator and from what my spies tell me, it is living on false pretenses

Who'd have guessed he has an axe to grind? :roll: ;)

David

Daniel

Established Member
Reccomended routes:

For fun: Rollercoaster
London - Southampton
Woodhead
UK Reigonal Rail
Seaview
Fffestiniog
Tallylyn
Welshpool & Llanfair
Blackpool Tramway

If you like the Tube:

Piccadilly Line (Under London Underground)
Modern City underground
F1 Transit (Under Subway)

Status
Not open for further replies.