Is any travel card valid on a replacement bus?

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by hawaii2468, 31 Oct 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawaii2468

hawaii2468 Member

There will be engine work at this weekend between Feltham and Windsor and Eton Riverside and services in between these two stations on route will be replaced by buses. I wonder that are these buses TfL run? Can I use any travel card on these buses such as London zone 1-6 day travel card? If not, the buses would take 25 minutes from Feltham to Staines, I'd rather take the bus 117 as it takes similar time and travel card acceptable.

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. Eagle

Eagle Established Member

That's not within zones 1-6. So no it's not valid, and neither would it be if there were a train.

4. Urban Gateline

Urban Gateline Established Member

If you held a Windsor+Z1-6 ticket then you can of course use it on the replacement bus services, which will be SWT branded. A travelcard is otherwise only valid on London buses.

5. bb21

bb21 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Rail Replacement Buses are not buses, if you know what I mean. :lol:

They are substitutes for trains and have the same ticketing arrangements as if they are trains, despite the fact that they are not physically. (In times of disruption, they are drafted in by the railway companies as cheap alternatives while still charging inflated railway fares, but for a lesser service. ;))

6. ChrisTheRef

ChrisTheRef Established Member

As above. A rail ticket is valid on the Rail Replacement Bus Service, provided it would have been valid on the original train

7. Deerfold

Deerfold Established Member

Careful now - if it were a TfL bus (which it's not) then ANY travelcard would be valid on it irrespective of zones.

If you wanted to go Slough - Hounslow on the 81 bus you could do that with a Z1-2 travelcard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.