• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is Eastleigh to Fareham via Southampton a valid route?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiyero

Tomorrow I am going from Eastleigh to Fareham and the journey planners all state there are no trains back in the late evening. I am sure that is wrong or there will at least be buses but if I did go via Southampton would that be valid?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
TrainSplit is also finding a selection of late evening trains for that journey. So they are available.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Both the 2328 and 0030 from Eastleigh are scheduled to run in the evening of 24th February. They are not affected by engineering works.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
In theory no (oddly) but in practice I doubt you will have an issue that late at night.

No guard will be that picky.

If the trains do not turn up for some reason then use the help point and they should be able to make suitable arrangements.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Both the 2328 and 0030 from Eastleigh are scheduled to run in the evening of 24th February. They are not affected by engineering works.
The OP wants to get back from Fareham to Eastleigh though. His last services are all showing on NRES as via Southampton at additional cost.

No idea why the normal Sat night Up trains aren’t appearing though...

Last edited:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Yes, silly me.

Last train on 24th from Fareham to Eastleigh is the 2353. Before that was the 2223 and 2128.

Attachments

• 180224T1.JPG
    180224T1.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 11

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
They are from the PTAN (an internal planning document).

I won't take what journey planners say atm too seriously tbh.

From what I heard previously, there has also been a repeat issue with schedules for 2T66 and 2T68 being missing from the database. Why I can't really tell you.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
One train seems to have appeared in online systems since yesterday, the 2128 Fareham to Eastleigh.

Edit: and to follow up at 2000 another 3 up trains are now loaded...

Doesn’t exactly help with planning ahead does it...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.