• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is it even worth bothering trying to get a refund?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlesden

Advance tickets with Railcard
Out: KGX-LDS Monday 4th April with Leeds Plusbus (£12.25 paid)
Back: LDS-KGX Wednesday 6th April with Leeds Plusbus (£11.55 paid)
Cannot now make the journey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
Advance tickets with Railcard
Out: KGX-LDS Monday 4th April with Leeds Plusbus (£12.25 paid)
Back: LDS-KGX Wednesday 6th April with Leeds Plusbus (£11.55 paid)
They're Advance tickets so wouldn't normally be refundable - why are you seeking a refund?

greatkingrat

Established Member
You could change the tickets to a different date, however once you've paid the admin fees it would barely be worth the bother.

ScouserGirl

Advance tickets are normally no refundable, I have had my money back for some advance tickets though but this was due to me being in hospital and I had notes to back it up! I think to change an advance ticket to another day it's about £10

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
You aren't entitled to a refund, but if you feel it's worth the time, you won't lose anything by asking.

I wouldn't bother myself. I think the chances are so slim that you'll get anything worthwhile as to be almost non existent. Part of the reason that Advance tickets can be offered so cheaply is the fact that they are non refundable, and that's the risk I accept when I buy them.

Haywain

Veteran Member
Taking the £2 PlusBus fare off each of the tickets means that it will cost you only 25p to throw the tickets away! The PlusBus fare (which will actually be a separate ticket) is refundable, but the £10 admin fee on a refund will wipe that out - and you won't have the option of changing the dates on the PlusBus tickets either. There's no good news here, I'm afraid.

Howardh

Established Member
It's the risk/reward thing with advance tickets. However if the TOC altered your journey meaning you couldn't make it, then the train bit should be refunded at least (??)

najaB

Veteran Member
It's the risk/reward thing with advance tickets. However if the TOC altered your journey meaning you couldn't make it, then the train bit should be refunded at least (??)
Yes. If the train you intend to take is delayed or cancelled then you can get a full refund (no admin fee).

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Yes. If the train you intend to take is delayed or cancelled then you can get a full refund (no admin fee).
General question: what's the threshold of delay entitling one to a refund for not travelling?

Haywain

Veteran Member
General question: what's the threshold of delay entitling one to a refund for not travelling?
Nothing written, but I suspect that a delay of 5 minutes wouldn't see you getting a refund. After all, how many people would be put of making a journey for a delay that short if they held a refundable ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.