• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is it me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinness

Established Member
...or are there too many annoucement competitions now? I mean one is surely enough?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

I agree with you - maybe we should say that we'll have a monthly announcement competition (and people can submit entries to it?)

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Erm, stations dont have an announcer from each TOC you know.

They have one for all announcements, unless it's a busy station, then they are automated.

Did you think Birmingham New Street had about 10 announcers in a row?

"GO ON A VIRGIN TRAIN, YOU CANT SEE OUT OF THE WINDOWS"
"No, go on Central Trains, better late than never"
"Actually chaps, try out Silverlink......oh damn we dont run here anymore, chocks away!"

TheSlash

Established Member
Jamie C. Steel said:
"Actually chaps, try out Silverlink......oh damn we dont run here anymore, chocks away!"
Too much sugar on your cornflakes this morning? ;)
I agree with Chaz, its getting very boring, very quickly 8)

Lewisham2221

Established Member
Jamie C. Steel said:
Erm, stations dont have an announcer from each TOC you know.

They have one for all announcements, unless it's a busy station, then they are automated.

Did you think Birmingham New Street had about 10 announcers in a row?

But the announcements aren't all from the same station ;)

Different stations, different TOC's, different announcers ;)

(And yes, massive over use of the winking smiley) ;)

EDIT: And yes, the number of announcement competitions is getting a bit OTT already.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes, everyone copied me! ;)

One per week absolute maximum from now on, I suggest.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
when I worked at Newport we had a computer that made announcements that was controlled remotely from Cardiff, we could override it to make further automated announcements as well as call out our own announcements which I though was quite complex, I even got to have a go!

AlexS

Established Member
At New Street you occasionally get manual announcements because the computer can't keep up with the platform alterations and/or delays. You also get occasional announcements to the tune of something like this:

Will the mother of the child walking down to platform 8a please make sure he keeps his red balloon at head height, thanks.

Simming

I think we should have a competion doing not just where a train is calling

"We are Sorry to Announce that the Vermin Trains Service to Penzance is Delayed buy Approx 30mins. This is Due to the wrong type of water at Dawlish"

Ben

Simming said:

"We are Sorry to Announce that the Vermin Trains Service to Penzance is Delayed buy Approx 30mins. This is Due to the wrong type of water at Dawlish"

"We are Sorry to Announce that the Vermin Trains Service to Penzance is Delayed buy Approx 30mins. This is Due to the Voyager ****ing up at Dawlish"

Lewisham2221

Established Member
TPE said:
Simming said:

"We are Sorry to Announce that the Vermin Trains Service to Penzance is Delayed buy Approx 30mins. This is Due to the Voyager ****ing up at Dawlish"
Ooo, swear filter could do with a little tweak I see...

Guinness

Established Member
The Topic is about no-annoucements. Why in the world is everyone talking about them! :s :P

Ben

Marv said:
TPE said:
Simming said:

Ooo, swear filter could do with a little tweak I see...

yep but i bet a voyager has broke at dawlish sometime :roll:

T

Tom

TPE said:
Simming said:

"We are Sorry to Announce that the Vermin Trains Service to Penzance is Delayed buy Approx 30mins. This is Due to the Voyager having fun up at Dawlish"

:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.