• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is it only between stns in station group where walking is given

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm333

I was on the Dearne Valley stopper this morning, and was going from Ulleskelf to Moorthorpe and then back up to Leeds.

Playing about with NRES, a journey from Sherburn-in-Elmet to South Elmsall, it suggests Sherburn-Swinton-Doncaster-South Elmsall. Whereas a quicker journey is Sherburn-Moorthorpe then the 20 minute walk to South Elmsall.

Does NRES have any walking journeys between stations not in the same station group in the database?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Windsor & Eton Riverside - Windsor & Eton Central is one that springs to mind.

wintonian

Established Member
I don't think Yeovil is a group any more and Ash Vale - North Camp used to come up often as an interchange.

34D

Established Member
I don't think Yeovil is a group any more and Ash Vale - North Camp used to come up often as an interchange.

I've seen walking routes from Harringay West to Harringay Green Lanes and they're not a group

tempests1

I'm amused by the notion of someone thinking it's a good idea to walk from Pen Mill to Yeovil Junction: it's two miles down a tree-lined country lane with no footpath. (Luckily there are buses between Yeovil and Stoford that one could catch if one absolutely had to make this interchange.)

I don't imagine there would be the passenger numbers to run a shuttle train on the YYP Branch between PM & Jcn but I guess it is still used for driver route knowledge retention & diversion's Necessitated by engineering work and train service perturbation I guess you could go to Salisbury via Castle Cary & Westbury.

Eagle

Established Member
Yeah, if you ask NRE for Sherborne to Thornford it asks you to change at Salisbury and Cary (interestingly if you ask for Sherborne to Yetminster—I forgot the order of the stations when I checked—it sends you via Southampton and Dorchester for some reason).

island

Veteran Member
Isn't there a negative easement prohibiting people from going via Pen Mill with a ticket to Junction and v/v?

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
....Does NRES have any walking journeys between stations not in the same station group in the database?

Burnley, St Albans and Windsor had walking distance maps in the National Rail Timetable, presumably NRES still shows them.

route:oxford

Established Member
Is there anywhere that should have, but doesn't.

Traveline has, in the past, recommended disembarking at Edinburgh Park and walking to South Gyle.

NRE, recommends service to Haymarket then back.

trickyvegas

NRE suggests a walk between New Mills Central & New Mills Newtown and I seem to recall mention on here that they are not grouped.

wintonian

Established Member
Isn't there a negative easement prohibiting people from going via Pen Mill with a ticket to Junction and v/v?

Think you are right there.

Yep there is.
Journeys to Yeovil Pen Mill may not go via Yeovil Junction and journeys to
Yeovil Junction may not go via Yeovil Pen Mill. This prohibition applies in
both directions.

It also appears that in some cases transferring between the two Yeovil stations is mandatory
Customers in possession of tickets routed Thornford Honiton may travel
via Yeovil Junction and Yeovil Pen Mill. These tickets are not valid for travel
via Castle Cary. This easement applies in both directions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.