• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is it possible to build a 300mph BVE train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

James (EOR)

Hi guys,

Is it possible to build a 300/350mph high speed BVE train?
I have clocked 225 in the (BVE2) Eurostar but thats it.
Any faster guys?

Cheers
James

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Derek Kaye

As far as I was aware with BVE2 the maximum speed was 300kmph (187mph) I'm not sure about BVE4 though

(its only just occorred to me.. whatever happened to BVE3?)

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Can't think of the exact speed BVE4 will manage, but it will do more than 300kph/186mph, so modelling a Eurostar or TGV would be possible. I wonder if a plug-in could be used to make proper working TVM, and perhaps even the ability to change from TVM to KVB (French "classic" signalling system) or AWS.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
ChrisCooper said:
Can't think of the exact speed BVE4 will manage, but it will do more than 300kph/186mph, so modelling a Eurostar or TGV would be possible. I wonder if a plug-in could be used to make proper working TVM, and perhaps even the ability to change from TVM to KVB (French "classic" signalling system) or AWS.

I asked about doing such a thing in the earlier days of bve4 - I am quite interested in how you got to 225mph in the eurostar james (having built it lol) it could only do 186.6mph/300km/h

I had wanted to update the 373 for bve4 but not having the skill or knowledge it never happened.... I based alot of my 373 on vince blacks thalys train.... very similiar.

LondonBVE

Yeah though the train say it can travel up to 500KPH still the highest speed in BVE 4 is strictly only 259 kph. I have tried before it cannot exceed it unless some sort of coding and other things has been done.

James (EOR)

Well the counter went past 300 KPH and went up to 359.. it went faster still.
lol

No i am not a driver i am the stationmaster at North Weald.. Well one of the two! But if you want infomation about the route or pictures e.t.c give us a bell..

Cheers
James

Boxcars

Boxcars said:
I recognise the stretch of sea in your current avatar Coxster. It's off Dawlish isn't it? :lol:

I was right wasn't I? :brushtee: Looking forward to the "Devon Holiday Photographs". :lol:

Coxster

Established Member
Boxcars said:
I was right wasn't I? :brushtee: Looking forward to the "Devon Holiday Photographs". :lol:
It's Plymouth station ;) The one of my face is off Southend Pier.

Boxcars

Coxster said:
It's Plymouth station ;) The one of my face is off Southend Pier.

I was wrong then! Sea looks just the same at Dawlish though :mrgreen: . Mentioning Southend Pier reminds me of the thread that ran on another Forum from 2004 through 2005. Technical Numpty tried his hardest to get a cab shot of the pier train. Going about it the right way by asking for permission he came up against the Pier Museum Curator :glasses6: I seem to remember. The curator thought that Numpty was wanting to create the cab for commercial gain and blocked it :cussing: – end of story. The route never materialised. :sad3: Shame.

This time tomoz I shall be going through Plymouth Station on an HST btw. :cheers:

Guinness

Established Member
BVE3 was a none-Framework program that for some reason Mackoy didn't release (Don't know why). I guess BVE4 was here because it was a much better program.

Mysterious BVE community and developer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.