• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is It Possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutter

Is it possible to make a copy of a train (lets say 170) and then change it so ionly the night cab is available, so you then have a day and a night version.

ie. make the night cab the primary cab

It's just my PC can't handle both, so i only get the day cabs, and i really want to have the option of driving a night train without the cablight on

I'd like to edit all BVE4 trains which have both cabs supplied, so thats all those available from TSC

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

devon_metro

Established Member
Yes, easily.

In panel_2.cfg you will see:
DaytimeImage = d3d\panel2.bmp
NighttimeImage = d3d\panel2_n.bmp

Remove the night cab image and replace the #
DaytimeImage = d3d\panel2.bmp
with:
DaytimeImage = d3d\panel2_n.bmp

And then save it, if you want both the night an day cabs available have two seperate folders and use BRR

nutter

Cheers mate, i love doing a bit of coding, i don't use BBR but i can do it manually, i'll keep it simple

ie: a class 170 folder and a 170_night folder

Just made the adjustments to the panel 2, it looks fantastic, with only 3 problems

1) the engine control buttons/lights are still the daytime versions
2) same problem with the horn and reverser
3) same problem with the light controls

Cheers again, BTW, i've added you to MSN

edit: me and Liam have sorted it all out with the 170, it looks amazing

Derek Kaye

Nutter, I had a problem similar. For me, the only time that glow and day/night cabs work properly is when you run BVE in full screen mode.

nutter

I always run it in full screen mode, it's cause i have a 124mb graohics card, which is SiS which don't help, and only a 256mb RAM, so the computer simply can't handle both cabs, only one

I'm telling you what, I really can't wait to get a new computer, so i don't have to do all this coding.

I enjoy it, but all the time

I've had to edit all the trains 3 times because i have 3 different directories, so i'm retty board with coding at the mo, all though i'm still enjoying route coding *cough* ;)

Lewisham2221

Established Member
dvn1357 said:
Its not the graphics mate, mine is only 64 :lol:!

It isn't just the amount of video memory that makes the difference there. The actual GPU (graphics processor) on the graphics card makes the most difference, although the extra memory does help.

Status
Not open for further replies.