• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is it possible....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Guinness

Established Member
Don't think it's anything special just use of several commands....

.Pitch
.Railtype
.Railend

Perhaps I've got it wrong and maybe it's something to do with Freeobjs. A more experienced coder would get you sorted. ;)

Chaz is right.

First of all, you use the .curve command to create the curve.
Then you use the .pitch command to create a gradient.
Lasly, you use the .rail command to start a new rail (for the points).

It can be done perfectly on BVE. In fact, I've done something very similar on my Epping-Ongar route. http://kelvinliu.fotopic.net/p32316573.html

Edit: And dont forget to end the rail after the point is done!

eezypeazy

Does this mean, Swindon Dalesman, that you're building the Tyne and Wear Metro for BVE? If so, you might like to save time by using some of my station objects between Gateshead Stadium and Sunderland?

eezypeazy

S Lowes

eezypeazy said:
Does this mean, Swindon Dalesman, that you're building the Tyne and Wear Metro for BVE? If so, you might like to save time by using some of my station objects between Gateshead Stadium and Sunderland?

eezypeazy

Yes i am going to try to make it for BVE4, i am just starting to get to grips with coding thanks to Dennis's tutorials

If it is ok with you eezypeazy then yes i would like to use some of you objects for that section of the route ( If i get that far before i give up :lol: )

S Lowes

Though i would try and code a bit of track out of the airport station tonight and have ran into a problem already :sad:

The image attached shows the errors i am getting, and here is the code i curently have

Code:
Route.Comment TyneAndWearMetro,

Route.Gauge 1435,

Route.DeveloperID ScottLowes,

Route.Change 1,

with train,

Train.Folder LT_A60_62,

With Stucture

.Rail(1) Metro\straight.b3d,
.Ground(1) Metro\ground1.csv,

Texture.Background(0) Metro\background_1.bmp,

With Track,

0,.Ground 1,.back 0,.railtype 0;1,.sta station1; 12.2720;12.2805;1;1;0;;;7;10;;0,

25,.stop 0,

150,.curve -250,15

Any Ideas Guys?

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 31

Tom B

Established Member
Do the objects load properly in Structure Viewer?

S Lowes

No when i click to open the object file all i get is a grey screen

Is it the .b3d i should be trying to open

Yes, you need to drag to .b3d file into object viewer. It seems that theres problems with the objects rather than the route file, you the syntax seems correct in your route file. Is the objects and bitmap in the correct directory?

By the way, if you are making the route for BVE 4, its better to have the objects a .csv or even .x

LondonBVE

Well if you want to convert object from .b3d to .csv there is one program for mackoy and if you want to convert .csv to .x file, structure viewer 2.0 is the right for you. File/Export.X . Do you handcode the objects yourself?

ChrisH

60059 'Swindon Dalesman' said:
With Stucture

.Rail(1) Metro\straight.b3d,
.Ground(1) Metro\ground1.csv,

Texture.Background(0) Metro\background_1.bmp,

With stRucture? you spelt structure wrong in the with structure command! I seem to remember doing it as well!

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.