• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is now the time to allow fully vaccinated people to be released from all restrictions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

102 fan

It's a bit of a lazy comparison. However I do agree that we should be letting the vaccine do the heavy lifting everyone wanted it to do.

Lazy? I must have a different dictionary then.

Vaccine

/ˈvaksiːn,ˈvaksɪn/

noun

a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.

"there is no vaccine against the virus"'

Unless it's a Covid vaccine, in which case carry on as from the time before we had a vaccine.....

102 fan

In a fit of pedantry / pique you've made a decision to miss the point, so I can't be arsed to continue with discussing it.

It's ok, if you can't think of a proper reply, just say so, nobody will think bad of you.

87electric

Very Monty Python indeed. It would be surreally funny if not for the economic impacts suffered.

TravelDream

I think the time has come to allow fully vaccinated people to be able to go abroad and attend mass gatherings etc.The ones who choose not to be vaccinated will have to miss out.

This would be very unfair and possibly illegal.

Those under 30 haven't, officially, been offered their first dose in England yet.

I think that's one of the major reasons the government dropped the idea. How can it be right a 60 year old can go on holiday abroad/ to festivals etc and a 18, who faces basically zero risk from Covid, can not?

I don't necessarily disagree with such a system (say, foreign holidays with no quarantine for the fully vaccinated), but it would have to wait until everyone has been at least offered their first and second dose.

Master Cutler

Last Friday I travelled from Chesterfield to Oxford Road Manchester on a crowded East Midlands Trains two car 158.
Then returned to Chesterfield on Saturday on a fairly crowded two car 158.
All passengers had masks and everyone tried to maintain social distancing rules, but I doubt it made that much difference to the potential infection risk when people had to pass in close proximity to get on and off the train.
Having had both jabs, I didn't feel at risk during the journey and after this travel experience am of the opinion that some of the passenger rules can now be further relaxed to allow full occupancy of available seats on trains.

NorthKent1989

Established Member
Vaccines were supposed to be the key step in returning to normality, to impose restrictions after a large portion of the population has been vaccinated is just the government moving the goalposts of freedom yet again.

Established Member
Why should being ostracised from society be an option? This is a dangerous path to go down and one we won’t come back from easily, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again we have to live with Covid now much like the flu and stop this virtue signalling nonsense about getting vaccinated or not it’s a choice in a free society
I absolutely agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.