• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is Seatfrog Honest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

philthetube

Established Member
I travelled Blackpool to Watford the other day on the 1711 direct, via Birmingham.

I Bid £14 for a seat which at the time was offered for £12 with 45 mins to go, I was outbid. and so declined to go further,

However, I chatted with the guards on the service and I was told that no passenger had a seatfrog ticket on the journey, ticket checks were done leaving Blackpool, South of Crewe and South of Coventry, yet I was outbid, seems dishonest to me?

Mods, ddin't quite seem to fit any category but feel free to move.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

packermac

I travelled Blackpool to Watford the other day on the 1711 direct, via Birmingham.

I Bid £14 for a seat which at the time was offered for £12 with 45 mins to go, I was outbid. and so declined to go further,

However, I chatted with the guards on the service and I was told that no passenger had a seatfrog ticket on the journey, ticket checks were done leaving Blackpool, South of Crewe and South of Coventry, yet I was outbid, seems dishonest to me?

Mods, ddin't quite seem to fit any category but feel free to move.
He or she may just have missed the train of course.

philthetube

Established Member
True, but that would need for there to be only one seat available, which seems strange. Anyway they lost my £14

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
In my experience it's quite common for there to be only one SeatFrog upgrade available on Avanti services for a particular train, even those that are very quiet once onboard!

The DJ

I have personally used Seatfrog several times. Totally genuine operation. I never bid until the final 2 minutes, I jump in and win. Of course if the current price has already gone too high for me then I just leave it and stick with my Standard ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.