• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is the 07:10 Leeds > Aberdeen the longest continually running train in the book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LE Greys

Established Member
Blindtraveller: Unless it's changed in more modern times, it always used to be:

0710 Leeds to Aberdeen
1450 Aberdeen to Kings Cross
2330 Kings Cross to Leeds

Was a diagram I always fancied doing at the time of being mad on HSTs, these days I doubt I could survive it! Over 18 hours on that diagram for just 3 moves, crikey that would be nuts. I've done worse than that but with more moves before, but it was an effort...

Exact departure times have varied slightly. The Aberdeen-King's Cross leg used to be 14:55, then 14:48 and has now settled at 14:50. However, that's not very much and just counts as minor variation. It still leaves Edinburgh at 17:30 <EDITED>.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Crab

I have a vague recollection (and never knew the detail) that in the 60s or 70s there was a Cardiff - Crewe, or vv, which was known as the "1898" because it ran in the same times as in that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.