• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is the Buxton Park Railway still open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenorthern

Established Member
While I was in Buxton today I noticed the park railway seemed to be deserted and lacked any signs, is the railway still open or has it closed?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ash Bridge

Established Member
While I was in Buxton today I noticed the park railway seemed to be deserted and lacked any signs, is the railway still open or has it closed?

I've just read a recent response on TripAdvisor from the Pavilion Gardens Guest Relations Manager responding to a poster complaining of no trains, and he advised that the operation is weather dependent. I'm assuming that the weather was rather poor up in Buxton today so hopefully that was the reason, would be a shame if it had actually closed.

thenorthern

Established Member
It was very wet in Buxton and the River Wye which the railway crosses was overflowing which may explain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.