• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is there a Realtimetrains type open data site for LU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladder23

Established Member
As above guys I was wondering if there is a site I can use to check the routes of some of the underground stock.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
There is no equivalent of the open data sites for National Rail such as OpenTrainTimes , Realtimetrains etc.

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
As above guys I was wondering if there is a site I can use to check the routes of some of the underground stock.
Google Maps seems to have a live feed of some kind, that details where the trains are and where they are heading.

bionic

https://traintimes.org.uk/map/tube/

There is this but I wouldnt bank on it being too accurate.

Internally LU use something called Trackernet which shows where everything is on a signalling diagram but I've never seen a version of this in the public domain.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Google Maps seems to have a live feed of some kind, that details where the trains are and where they are heading.
This contains all sorts of anomalies; TfL state they provide a "train prediction service" and it looks like it is trying to use this to show a guestimate of where trains are.

traintimes.org.uk says:
Piccadilly train to Check Front of Train [237-0-0]
expected Alperton Station in 14.7 minutes)

Piccadilly train to Check Front of Train [237-0-1]
(left Eastcote Station,
expected Rayners Lane Station in 4.2 minutes)
The first of these is apparently in the middle of a golf club, but these entries must surely relate to the same train.

I've attached a screenshot showing an example; this train has apparently just jumped backwards too.
traintimes.org.jpg

DavidGrain

Established Member
Raildar is another website which shows anomalies. I have watched apparently stationary trains being mown down by the following train. I have seen trains going backwards and I have seen trains on the wrong line, like trains from Snow Hill being shown on the New Street line.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
An exceptional service is purportedly operating on the extremities of the Met, Piccadilly and Central lines :lol:

traintimes.org.jpg

philthetube

Established Member
There was and app called traintracker which showed locations of all underground trains on all lines and where they were heading, many drivers used it, unfortunately it seems to have vanished from play store, even though if you have it it still works.

[.n]

There was and app called traintracker which showed locations of all underground trains on all lines and where they were heading, many drivers used it, unfortunately it seems to have vanished from play store, even though if you have it it still works.
Train tracker LUL Lite?

Still available as an apk if you search for it

DavidGrain

Established Member
Watching the DLR trains on that is immense fun as they seem to defy both physics and their routes

You are right, it is real fun. The first train I watched was somewhere north of the Becton line before turning south going across the runway of London City Airport crossing the Woolwich line crossing the river and heading straight for Woolwich. Another was running up the centre of the river on the west of the Isle of Dogs before disapearing near Millwall. Two trains heading for Becton, the the second train travelling much faster that the first so it went over the top of the first train before they both disappeared, presumable no longer in service.

Status
Not open for further replies.